Senior Data Engineer
Data Full TimeCalifornia
A Medtech company revolutionizing the way healthcare organizations connect with consumers. Combining leading-edge technology, really smart data science, and years of experience, we help healthcare organizations have powerful conversations with their consumers that delight and activate them in their health.
- Senior Data Engineer
The mission of the Data Science and Analytics (DSA) team is to uncover insights from data in order to help drive better patient engagement and health outcomes. We are looking at everything from tactical optimizations to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor.
- Growth Mindset
Purpose of the Role:
As a Data Engineer you will help build a research-based and data-driven approach to optimize mobile customer engagement. This role will focus on deep diving into a broad variety of exploratory initiatives to improve segmentation, tailoring and personalization of mobile engagement.
The Things You’ll Do:
- Working with the data science and data analytics team to refine and develop data science and analytics (DSA) product roadmap
- Support Redshift cluster management including monitoring, performance tuning, and optimization
- Create ELT – data transformations and monitor nightly loads
- Responsible for data loads and data extracts via Airflow DAG and python code
- Understanding and applying data mining techniques, including NLP, clustering algorithms and regression analysis to generate deep insight and discover effective solutions to challenging problems
What You’ll Bring:
- 4 year BS/ BA Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field
- 5 years of direct experience as a data engineer or working directing in data engineering / data science.
- 2-5 years of experience with Python (Pandas, NumPy, sciKit-learn), SQL and R
- 2 years of experience with Redshift
- US Citizen
Nice to Have Experience:
- 2+ years of experience with Airflow
- 2+ years of experience in an Agile development environment
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Remote - United States of America