Interior Design, Technical Designer
DesignFull TimeToronto, ON
Work Term: Full-time
Start Date: Immediate
You are the bridge for every project between concept and reality; you are our superstars.
You can create complex design ideas but can also draw and coordinate them to fruition.
You are in love with resolving details, relentlessly seeking clarity to find true value.
You find joy in communicating your ideas through drawings and mentoring others on this skill.
Technical Designer Responsibilities
You are responsible for producing all components of an interior design package from schematic design, construction detailing, permit, and coordination. You have an excellent understanding of the role of interior design within the project context and see your contribution as part of a larger whole. You have an optimistic attitude with a drive to find simple solutions to complex challenges.
On a given day, you may be:
· Creating construction documents including plans, elevations, details and specifications
· Preparing drawings for concept, schematic and design development packages
· Sketching, drawing and modelling ideas in 3D
· Coaching, mentoring and guiding team members
· Communicating with clients, vendors, contractors, and project consultants to align project goals
· Reviewing established work plans and developing strategies to achieve targets
· Researching materials and methods responding to project design criteria
· Reviewing drawings and designs for general code compliance
· Assisting with construction administration activities
· Conducting site reviews and field verifications
· Promoting the values and beliefs of Mason Studio
· Collaborating with the Technical Director to streamline processes and create standards
· Degree or Diploma in Architectural Technology, Interior Design or related discipline
· Work experience in Interior Design Technology
· Experience in creating full-scope interior design construction drawings
· Proficiency in CAD, Revit, Adobe Suite & Sketchup
We are a Toronto-based design firm creating local, national, and international spaces ranging from hotels, restaurants, multi-unit residences, private residential, retail shops, exhibitions, and installations. Design is our tool to bring actual value to a personal moment, an experience, a project, or a community in a meaningful way. We are curious minds who strive to learn how we can positively impact people and communities through design. If you find yourself on a similar journey of discovery, we want you to join us!
Benefits & Programs
We work within a hybrid model offering flexibility to work from our collaborative studio space or anywhere you choose. We strive to support the health and well-being of our team by providing a comprehensive health benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. We offer competitive vacation and personal time off, as well as several collective paid days off and holiday closures. We invest in your growth and learning by offering reimbursement for select professional development courses, accreditations, and annual fees.
Values & Culture
Experimentation is at the core of everything we do. We seek to understand, not to be understood. We are in relentless pursuit of simplicity and believe in less but better. We lead with kindness and care for all. Together, we work towards a common purpose.
Our process encourages curiosity and play. Together we build prototypes and design installations to test our ideas. We share our interests and continually look for opportunities to learn and teach. We are kind to ourselves, and to everyone showing acknowledgment and gratitude. We take a pause to celebrate success and one another.
We appreciate all interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.