Business Development Manager (Southwestern Ontario)
Business DevelopmentFull TimeOntario
Position: Business Development Manager (Southwestern Ontario)
Reports To: Director, Mortgage Origination
Company: Magenta Capital Corporation
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Magenta is one of Canada’s largest and most established Canadian Mortgage Investment Companies on the verge of an exciting scale-up. Since 1994, Magenta Capital Corporation has provided flexible mortgage solutions that truly help our borrowers. As a leader in the alternative mortgage lending space, we partner with brokers to solve their client’s short-term credit challenges and facilitate their return to traditional lending channels. Magenta sources, underwrites, and manages a portfolio of mortgages secured by properties located in Ontario.
Most importantly, Magenta is now poised to make a giant leap forward in its corporate evolution as it takes advantage of the generational opportunity in the alternative mortgage market. If you are a dynamic professional with an entrepreneurial spirit that wants to be an integral part of this unique opportunity, then we want to meet you.
Magenta was recently named one of Canada’s Top Mortgage Employers of 2021.
A Message from our founder and CEO:
“If you believe that tomorrow matters,
If you and only you can define your tomorrows and write your own unique, epic life story,
If you want to be part of a dynamic team with that shared conviction,
If you want to be part of a great Canadian business success story,
If you want to be an owner and not just an employee,
Then we want to meet you”
About Mortgage Originations at Magenta
Reporting to the Director, Mortgage Origination, the Business Development Manager (Southwestern Ontario) is responsible for managing a portfolio of accounts to achieve long-term growth and success. The Business Development Manager (Southwestern Ontario) will focus on being a value-added partner to all brokers in the Business Development Manager’s portfolio. The Business Development Manager (Southwestern Ontario) will generate further growth of their broker portfolio as well as develop new brokers to add to their portfolio.
We’re looking for a sales professional who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The position requires comfort talking with our broker partners daily.
What you’ll work on:
· Develop and implement strategies to increase mortgage volumes from referral sources/mortgage brokers within a designated territory.
· Manage the referral sources/mortgage brokers to ensure applications fall within the targeted risk area.
· Ensure funded volumes are at a level required to meet if not exceed the unit's business plan.
· Participate in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan.
· Ensure an effective call program (both face-to-face as well as by phone or email) is developed and maintained for referral sources/mortgage brokers to ensure the maximum referral opportunities are obtained, through relationship development and management.
· Work effectively with management, underwriters, and admin staff to ensure referral sources/mortgage brokers receive a high level of service.
· Stay abreast of all related industry issues and ensure the unit remains current with all relevant industry issues.
· Assist with the development of product enhancements as required.
· Assist with the development and/or revision of all lending, collection, and product policies.
· Provide market intelligence in key lending markets as it relates to real estate lending risk.
· Provide input and management of the utilization of appraisal firms and legal partners.
What you should have:
· Post-secondary education or additional equivalent experience required.
· Over 5 years proven experience in marketing and sales.
· Experience with Alternative lending practices.
· RSM should be proficient in all levels of the sales process – prospecting, strategy development, quoting negotiating, and closing an opportunity.
· Knowledge of local Broker Market an asset.
· Previous relationship management experience an asset.
· A strong understanding of all aspects of Consumer/Residential mortgage lending.
· Above average interpersonal and organizational skills.
What we offer you:
· The opportunity to be a key contributor to our unfolding success story
· The opportunity to build a bright tomorrow for you and your family
· The opportunity to think outside the box – every day
· Magenta’s Employee Share Purchase Plan (“ESPP”)
· Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications
· The opportunity to grow with the company
If you are committed to tomorrow, please send your resume to email@example.com
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those who best match the above criteria will be contacted.
We are committed to an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to assist applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.