Position: Executive Assistant
Reports To: COO
Company: Magenta Capital Corporation
Magenta is one of Canada’s largest and most established Canadian Mortgage Investment Companies on the verge of an exciting scale-up. Since 1994, Magenta Capital Corporation has provided flexible mortgage solutions that truly help our borrowers. As a leader in the alternative mortgage lending space, we partner with brokers to solve their client’s short-term credit challenges and facilitate their return to traditional lending channels. Magenta sources, underwrites, and manages a portfolio of mortgages secured by properties located in Ontario.
Most importantly, Magenta is now poised to make a giant leap forward in its corporate evolution as it takes advantage of the generational opportunity in the alternative mortgage market. If you are a dynamic professional with an entrepreneurial spirit that wants to be an integral part of this unique opportunity, then we want to meet you.
A Message from our founder and CEO:
“If you believe that tomorrow matters,
If you and only you can define your tomorrows and write your own unique, epic life story,
If you want to be part of a dynamic team with that shared conviction,
If you want to be part of a great Canadian business success story,
If you want to be an owner and not just an employee,
Then we want to meet you”
About your role
The Executive Assistant reports directly to the COO and is responsible for managing an active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing, and preparing correspondence and arranging detailed travel plans including itineraries and agendas. Absolute confidentiality, integrity and professionalism is required in addition to expertise in Office programs such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Your goal is to optimize the use of the COO’s time based on direction, priorities, and your own superior judgment. This position works closely with the Senior Leadership Team.
What you’ll work on:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the COO and Special Assignments including:
o managing an extremely active calendar of appointments
o arranging complex and detailed travel plans
o creating itineraries and agendas
o compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Completes expense reports
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures the COO's schedule is followed, respected, and stays on time
- Receives incoming communications or memos on behalf of senior staff, reviews content, determines importance and summarizes and/or distributes content to appropriate staff
- Coordinates reporting requirements for senior level managers to fulfill recurring reporting requirements (i.e. AOP, MOR etc.) to ensure all deadlines are met
- Provides a bridge for smooth communications between the COO’s office and other departments
- Assists the COO by gathering data, creating, and compiling reports, writing memorandums and other internal communications
- Prepares documentation for Board Meetings, Sales Meetings other corporate activities as assigned
- Documents and communicates information from the C-Suite to owners, the Board of Directors, and Investors
- Acts as the point of contact between the COO and internal/external clients
- Takes clear notes and distributes minutes appropriately
- Anticipates and pre-empts the needs and priorities of the COO
- Prepares and reviews weekly reports and team communications
- Plans events for large and small team meetings
- Coordinates staff meetings, town halls
- Provides administrative support and back up for other departments as required
What you need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Administration, Business, or related field of study
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting senior level management
- Documented proof of being fully vaccinated against Covid-19
What you should have:
- Experience coordinating travel
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – proven track record of being able to deal with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new or updated software
- Excellent legal and financial acumen and a broad knowledge of legal, mortgage and investments would be a bonus!
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to be a key contributor to our continuing success story
- The opportunity to think outside the box – all day and every day
- Magenta’s Employee Share Purchase Plan (“ESPP”) – be an owner.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Opportunity for advancement
If you are committed to tomorrow, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those who best match the above criteria will be contacted.
We are committed to an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to assist applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.