Investor Relations Manager
Investor RelationsFull TimeOttawa
Magenta Capital Corporation (MCC) was first formed in 1994. It has one of Canada’s longest records of providing oversight to Mortgage Investment Corporations (MICs). It also oversees one of the largest private MIC portfolios with current mortgage assets under administration exceeding $350M. MCC has a 25-year track record generating superior returns for the shareholders of Magenta Group MICs.
Magenta is an exciting, fast-growing, entrepreneurial company seeking a Manager, Investor Relations. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Manager of Investor Relations (MIR), provides a unified approach to finance, communication, marketing, and securities law compliance. The MIR is responsible for all tasks relating to the presentation of their Company’s investment, specifically when it comes to shareholders, potential investors, and any community stakeholders. This role may be focused on investor capital, but it is a people management experience.
Magenta has committed to keeping offices closed until it is safe to re-open. The successful candidate will be expected to meet clients at the offices from time to time in the Ottawa/Perth regions. Magenta offers flexible work arrangements, including remote working, whenever possible.
- Remain current on all securities-related legislation and regulations surrounding Exempt Market Dealers
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the MIC investment product
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential investors
- Requires daily cheerful phone calls
- Regular email inquiries for account statements, missing documentation, stakeholder requirements
- Face-to-face professional meetings requiring background knowledge of; Mortgage Investment Companies, current Magenta mortgage practices, timelines, prospected outcomes
- Initiate and maintain reciprocal working relationships with stakeholders: Trustees (Olympia Trust and Computershare Trust Company), Exempt Market Dealer-Partners, Referral partners
- Preparation of all Investor-related communication
- Assist in the creation of monthly communications with all investors (via CRM)
- Ensure investor contact information is accurately recorded and updated as required in the CRM system
- Maintain “Know Your Client” documentation and perform an investment suitability analysis
- All documents for transactions (purchases, retractions transfers), including Trustee forms
- Investor statements (monthly, quarterly, annually, ad-hoc)
- Share Certificates
- Investor Marketing materials
Monthly reporting requirements
- Anti-Terrorism report
- Ontario Security Commission (OSC) compliance-related reporting
- Trustee monthly reports
- Track data related to monthly purchases, retractions, transfers. Including internal reports and analyses
- Track all referring parties and related referral payments
- Support during T5 season
- Bring creativity, initiative, and energy to Senior Management’s ad-hoc requests and special projects
- University degree in business or related field preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role (Financial institution or private investment firm preferred)
- The ideal candidate is registered with the National Registration Database but not an immediate requirement
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course
- Great interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products
- Excellent organizational skills and self-starter
- Quick thinking, natural banter, and ease with unexpected
- Base Salary of $50,000-$65,000 commensurate with experience
- Employer-paid benefits with wait period waived
- flexible work arrangements
- Performance bonus
- Equity Share Ownership participation
If you are interested in joining Magenta, please send your cover letter and resume.
Magenta welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those who best match the above criteria will be contacted.