FundingFull TimeKanata, ON
Magenta Capital Corporation (MCC) was first formed in 1994. It has one of Canada’s longest records of providing oversight to Mortgage Investment Corporations (MICs). It also oversees one of the largest private MIC portfolios with current mortgage assets under administration exceeding $300 million. MCC has a 25-year track-record generating superior returns for the shareholders of Magenta Group MICs.
Magenta is an exciting, fast growing, entrepreneurial company seeking a Funding Specialist to join our team. Reporting to the Manager, Fulfilment and Funding the Funding Specialist reviews legal documentation to ensure accuracy within the established guidelines, allowing mortgage loans to be funded on scheduled closing dates. The ideal candidate for this role is enthusiastic and has remarkable attention to detail and is someone who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
· Maintains positive relationships with solicitors
· Prepares and sends applicable solicitor instruction packages
· Liaises with solicitors to collect all required closing documentation
· Reviews legal mortgage documentation to ensure that it matches committed terms and is in compliance with established regulatory and company guidelines and policies
· Escalates any documentation issues to the Junior Underwriter and/or Manager for review and sign off
· Coordinates with team members to release mortgage funds on a timely basis
· Creates and maintains clear and complete notes within the mortgage underwriting system
· Responds to all inquiries within established turnaround times
· Assist senior management with ad-hoc requests, special projects and new initiatives as required
- University/College Degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a small-medium sized office environment
- Previous experience working in real estate law an asset
- Previous experience within the Financial Services sector or within the Mortgage Industry an asset
- Ability to maintain positive relationships
- Strong aptitude for service excellence
- Ability to deal with conflict
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time-management skills while maintaining attention to detail
- Positive team player
- Fully competent in working with basic PC software and working knowledge of the suite of Microsoft office products
- Ability to manage pressure in an environment of high-volume processing with tight turnaround times
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build rapport and communicate appropriately with clients and peers
$45,000-$52,000 commensurate with experience
Equity Share Ownership Plan
Flexible work arrangements
Magenta thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Magenta is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those who best match the above criteria will be contacted.