AdministrativeFull TimeKanata, ON
Since 1994, Magenta Capital Corporation has provided flexible mortgage solutions that truly help our borrowers. We partner with brokers to solve their client’s short-term credit challenges and facilitate their return to traditional lending channels.
Magenta is one of Canada’s oldest and largest Mortgage Investment Corporation (MIC) managers with current mortgage assets under administration exceeding $300 million. Magenta sources, underwrites and manages a portfolio of mortgages, secured by properties located in Eastern and Southwestern Ontario.
About the Role
Magenta is an exciting, fast growing, entrepreneurial company seeking an experienced Executive Assistant (EA) to join our team. The EA will provide project, operational and administrative support to the President & CEO. This position handles details of a highly confidential, critical and sensitive nature, and must function efficiently and effectively in a professional environment. They are required to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and organize and maintain all administrative processes related to the President & CEO’s office including the preparation of Board materials, mortgage administration tasks and personal matters of the CEO.
Magenta has committed to keeping offices closed until January 1, 2021 and will re-evaluate at that time.
- Overall, to be proactive in removing the day-to-day administrative items from the desk of the President & CEO, to allow him to be as productive as possible.
- Point of contact between President & CEO and employees, investors or external clients; reroute enquiries appropriately.
- Manage the calendar, book meetings and appointments; make travel arrangements.
- Compile agendas, minute meetings, record and follow up action items.
- Company event planning and delivery.
- Monitor the mortgages inbox and answer incoming inquiries.
- Monitor the 9999 queue on Isaac. Create broker profiles and assign files to underwriters.
- Manage the phone cascades – first point of contact for most inquiries
- Produce statements – discharge, information and annual statements as requested
- Assist with special projects as required.
- 5+ years of prior experience as an Executive Assistant to a senior executive.
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration or related field.
- Exemplary personal organization and ability to organize others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert ability in the use of MS Office programs. Identify and harness technology to improve effectiveness of self and others.
- Prior experience in the financial services industry is an advantage.
- Superior customer service skills.
Magenta offers a competitive compensation package (including benefits, profit sharing and equity participation) commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Magenta welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we thank all candidates, who apply, only those who best match the above criteria will be contacted.