Funding and Fulfillment Specialist
FundingFull TimeKanata, ON
Since 1994, Magenta Capital Corporation has provided flexible mortgage solutions that truly help our borrowers. We partner with brokers to solve their client’s short-term credit challenges and facilitate their return to traditional lending channels.
Magenta is one of Canada’s oldest and largest Mortgage Investment Corporation (MIC) managers with current mortgage assets under administration exceeding $300 million. Magenta sources, underwrites and manages a portfolio of mortgages, secured by properties located in Eastern and Southwestern Ontario.
About Funding and Fulfillment
Magenta is an exciting, fast growing, entrepreneurial company seeking a Fulfillment and Funding Specialist to join our team. Reporting to the Funding Manager, the Fulfillment and Funding Specialist reviews mortgage and legal documentation to ensure accuracy within the established guidelines, allowing mortgage loans to be funded on scheduled closing dates. The ideal candidate for this role is enthusiastic and has remarkable attention to detail and is someone who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
The successful candidate will be working remotely until our offices re-open when it is safe to do so. The candidate will have flexiblity to work from the office (Kanata or Perth) or remotely.
- Maintains positive relationships with external partners such as mortgage brokers and solicitors
- Prepares and sends applicable solicitor instruction packages
- Liaises with brokers and solicitors to collect all required closing documentation
- Reviews documentation including appraisals, income confirmation, and legal mortgage documentation to ensure that it matches committed terms and is in compliance with established regulatory and company guidelines and policies
- Escalates any documentation issues to the Underwriter and/or Team Leader for review and sign off
- Coordinates with team members to release mortgage funds on a timely basis
- Creates and maintains clear and complete notes within the mortgage underwriting system
- Responds to all inquiries within established turnaround times
- Assist senior management with ad-hoc requests, special projects and new initiatives as required
- University/College Degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a small-medium sized office environment
- Previous experience within the Financial Services sector or within the Mortgage Industry an asset
- Ability to maintain positive relationships
- Strong aptitude for service excellence
- Ability to deal with conflict
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time-management skills while maintaining attention to detail
- Positive team player
- Fully competent in working with basic PC software and working knowledge of the suite of Microsoft office products
- Ability to manage pressure in an environment of high-volume processing with tight turnaround times
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build rapport and communicate appropriately with clients and peers
If you are interested in joining Magenta, please send your cover letter and resume.
Magenta welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those who best match the above criteria will be contacted.