Mortgage Administrator - Accounts Receivable
Mortgage AdministrationFull TimeKanata, ON
Since 1994, Magenta Capital Corporation (MCC) has provided flexible mortgage solutions that truly help our borrowers. We partner with brokers to solve their client’s short-term credit challenges and facilitate their return to traditional lending channels.
Magenta is one of Canada’s oldest and largest Mortgage Investment Corporation (MIC) managers with current mortgage assets under administration exceeding $300 million. Magenta sources, underwrites and manages a portfolio of mortgages, secured by properties located in Eastern and Southwestern Ontario.
About Finance at Magenta
We’re looking for a Mortgage Administrator with experience in all aspects of accounting to join our team. Reporting to the Controller, the Mortgage Administrator will enhance the capabilities of the team through processing all mortgage related transactions and managing the property tax database. The ideal candidate for this role is an enthusiastic, detail-oriented multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Key Objectives of the Role:
- Process all mortgage related transactions
- Reconcile, prepare and upload daily mortgage payments
- Prepare discharge and mortgage related statements
- Process all expenses and fees pertaining to mortgages
- Administer all property tax related transactions
- Create and maintain relationships with municipalities and law offices
- Responsible for reconciling data between two systems
- Have knowledge of internal controls and provide insight into process efficiencies
- Have experience with office administration duties (directing phone calls, greeting visitors, filing documents)
- Support management with ad-hoc requests, special projects and new initiatives as required
What you should have:
- Minimum two years accounts receivable experience
- A diploma in accounting is ideal
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Simply Accounting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to build rapport and communicate appropriately with clients and peers
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work hours
Magenta welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We’re closely monitoring the updates around the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and are committed to keeping candidates as safe as possible throughout the recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those who best match the above criteria will be contacted.
While this position indicates Kanata, Ontario; the opportunity also exists in Perth, Ontario