InfrastructureFull TimeMerritt, BC
Lower Nicola Indian Band
Position Title: Cleaner/Janitor (2 positions)
Department: Public & Capital Works
Hours: 4PM – 11:30PM
Start Date: On Call - ongoing
Wage: $20.00 to 21.50
Summary of responsibilities
The Custodian/Janitor position will clean and disinfect assigned areas in accordance with safe working practices, protocols and procedures to ensure the environment is clean and safe.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must have the ability to express and comprehend oral and written English.
- Reliable transportation.
- Knowledge of general working safety procedures.
- Ability to work as a team member and be able to multi task.
- Completed WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) Certification.
- Physically able to meet the demands of bending, lifting and twisting positions.
- Willing to learn and take necessary training.
- Must be self motivated and reliable.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Preferably previous custodial/janitorial experience.
- Preferably grade 12 Graduation.
- Preferably Certified in Transportation of Dangerous Goods or willingness to become certified in first 3 months.
- Ability to speak or willingness to learn the Nlaka’pamux Language.
Apply To: Deadline to apply: open until filled
apply on this site or