PastoralFull TimeCornwall, ON
PURPOSE STATEMENT: The role of Campus Pastor is to grow, pastor and oversee a campus of Lifecentre under the direction and leadership of the Lead Pastor. This will require an ‘all in’ approach to the mission, vision and values of Lifecentre, as well as a firm grasp of Lifecentre’s strategies and commitment to growing together with Jesus to make a difference in our city.
- Is currently (or willing to become) a member of Lifecentre
- Minimum 5 years experience in equivalent management experience or leading volunteer teams.
- Currently holds or is working towards ministerial credentials.
- Possess Christ-like, servant attitude
- Devoted to the call of God and the vision/mission/strategic approach of Lifecentre
- Has a passion for Jesus, people and our city
- Self-motivated, leader and team builder
- Highly organized and administrative
- Possess excellent communication and writing skills
- Able to execute and manage effective systems that better care for people
- Willing to learn new programs as needed
- Results-focused leadership with persuasive interpersonal skills adaptable to a variety of personalities and situations.
PRIMARY MINISTRY: To minister to the congregation of The Life Centre Christian Fellowship Church, in Cornwall, with emphasis on providing pastoral services through sound teaching and doctrine, programs, events for the benefit of the Lifecentre community and surrounding neighbourhoods. This also involves managing systems that better care for members and connect people into community, membership, and ministry.
Lifecentre requires flexibility and therefore has the right to make changes to employees’ jobs and compensation without resulting in a constructive dismissal.
The Campus Pastor’s main focus of responsibilities include:
1. Model Biblical Priorities
Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and care values of Lifecentre. The Campus Pastor should represent a growing personal relationship with Jesus, model a strong relationship with their spouse and children and strive to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships and actions.
- Committing to a daily quiet-time with God
- Participating in a Lifecentre small group on a regular basis
- Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity
- Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church
- Modelling servanthood and generosity through time, talent and treasure
- Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of Lifecentre employees, as defined by the Lifestyle Manual
2. Pastoral and Directional Leadership
Responsible for championing Lifecentre’s mission, vision and values at the campus location, while assisting the Lead Pastor in directional leadership and strategic planning initiatives, all with servant leadership - as there is no other type of leading.
These objectives are accomplished by:
- Being an active participate in Team Meetings
- Implementing intentional staff and leadership meetings to clarify and execute Lifecentre’s goals and objectives
- Ensure our heart for ministry is experienced in all initiatives and ministries
- Monitoring and reporting the pulse of the campus through evaluation and metrics of decisions for Christ, baptisms, first-time guests, attendance, giving, LifeGroup participation, volunteer engagement and community transformation.
- Ensuring campus staff, facilities, environments and ministries are appropriately and effectively aligned to best meet strategic goals and Lifecentre campus constants.
- Providing oversight and direction in the large variety of financial functions of the church including: stewardship campaigns and budget development in alignment with the yearly program forecast requirements for the campus.
- Fulfilling pastoral duties (weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications, counselling, etc.) or other tasks as needed to serve and pastor your campus.
3. Oversight and Execution of Weekend Experiences
Responsible for ensuring that all worship experiences and campus events are executed consistent with our Lifecentre values and culture. The Campus Pastor displays excellent communication skills, the ability to make sound decisions, high level networking and relational strengths that enhance each worship experience. These objectives are accomplished by:
- Connect, love, encourage and pastor people
- Planning, development and execution of the weekend service
- Assist in the planning and executing of creative elements to complement theme and teaching each week
- Teaching and leading in small, medium and large group settings
- Prepare and deliver relevant, Biblical messages each week for your campus community
- Ensure campus staff, teams and facility is ready and prepped for each weekend
4. Oversight and Execution of LifeGroups and Bible School
Responsible for creating an environment that welcomes new guests and provides clear next steps toward connection and spiritual growth.
- Lead, equip and empower new and current LifeGroups Leaders
- Communicate regularly with LifeGroups Leaders to support, encourage and serve them
- Teach or faciliate courses in our Bible School.
- Desire to see as many or more people connected in groups throughout the week, as in attendance on the weekends
5. Team Supervision and Leadership Development
Provides leadership to the campus team. The Campus Pastor will build, lead, evaluate and mentor a team in their respective areas of ministry and prioritize future staffing needs. Includes the following responsibilities:
- Supervising the campus leadership team as it relates to day-to-day ministry and operational activities
- Overseeing the training and development of campus leadership team
- Empowering staff and volunteer leaders to lead the ministries and operations
- Providing coaching to the staff and volunteer leadership in the design and implementation of all church ministries including periodically evaluating appropriate changes to organizational structure to reflect ministry strategy