EngineeringFull TimeToronto, ON
Years working in a foreign exchange brokerage taught our founder, Adam, firsthand about the barriers smaller institutions face in the FX market. To compete in a system built for larger players, they had to piece together rigid, legacy stand-alone software, build everything themselves from scratch, or make do with emails, spreadsheets and grit. Believing that capital markets should encourage as much competition and innovation as possible, Adam founded Kooltra in 2014 with a vision of building technology to democratize capital markets.
Today, Kooltra’s cloud-based platform automates workflows, provides real time analytics, and seamlessly connects customers and their clients. Using the most innovative cloud-based technology, our platform increases efficiency and transparency, improves connectivity, and reduces risk, both internally in an organization and across the entire ecosystem.
If you want to join a rapidly growing fintech team that is delivering next-gen software to customers in a $5 trillion a day market, then we’d like to hear from you. You don’t need foreign exchange experience to succeed- just a curiosity to learn and the drive to make those around you better.
About the role
Kooltra's product team is a small but mighty group passionate about building great products. The right person will be responsible for working directly with management and user feedback to set product priorities on what gets built when, and will be responsible for the full product life-cycle. In this role, you will own and provide direction on the roadmap for the entire product. You don’t need foreign exchange experience to succeed- just a curiosity to learn and the drive to make those around you better.
In this role, you will
- Curate Kooltra’s product roadmap with management, including prioritizing/ grooming product backlog and setting timelines for delivery
- Communicate product direction internally across management, engineering, delivery, sales, & marketing, as well as externally to customers and partners
- Lead product design, customer/ partner discovery & write user stories
- Plan and manage product releases
- Monitor performance/ adoption; advocate for product innovations that drive traction and usage
- Develop innovative product collateral to educate external/ internal audiences
We are looking for people who
- Thrive in an agile environment
- Are passionate about building and continuously improving great products
- Build trust by communicating goals and establishing transparent processes
- Comfortably combine user data and empathy to make key product decisions
- Want to help others understand what they need to know about our product
Ideally, you have
- A bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or finance/ accounting
- 3-5 years in B2B product development
- Strong communications skills across management, business, and technical teams
- Preferably familiarity with capital markets and/ or foreign exchange
- Work on an unprecedented foreign exchange platform, from the ground up
- We are growing quickly, and you will have an opportunity to grow with us
- You will have autonomy to iterate and improve
- You can make an immediate, visible impact from day one
Investing in our people makes sense. That's why we provide
- Competitive comp and equity
- An office in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Educational stipend
- Medical and dental coverage
- Office snacks
- Friday team lunches and frequent team socials
To apply, please send your resume and a short cover letter telling us about you. The interview process for engineering at Kooltra includes a culture-focused phone screen, a timed 2 hour technical at-home task, and one 3 hour visit to our Toronto office to meet our team. We thank all applicants, but will only be reaching out to those who qualify at this time.
Kooltra is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, one which reflects the world in which we live. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups including visible minorities, members of sexual minority groups, first nations persons, persons with disabilities, and women to apply. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please let us know and we’ll be happy to oblige.