Lead DevOps Engineer
EngineeringFull TimeToronto, ON
Years working in a foreign exchange brokerage taught our founder, Adam, firsthand about the barriers smaller institutions face in the FX market. To compete in a system built for larger players, they had to piece together rigid, legacy stand-alone software, build everything themselves from scratch, or make do with emails, spreadsheets and grit. Believing that capital markets should encourage as much competition and innovation as possible, Adam founded Kooltra in 2014 with a vision of building technology to democratize capital markets.
Today, Kooltra’s cloud-based platform automates workflows, provides real time analytics, and seamlessly connects customers and their clients. Using the most innovative cloud-based technology, our platform increases efficiency and transparency, improves connectivity, and reduces risk, both internally in an organization and across the entire ecosystem.
If you want to join a rapidly growing fintech team that is delivering next-gen software to customers in a $5 trillion a day market, then we’d like to hear from you. You don’t need foreign exchange experience to succeed- just a curiosity to learn and the drive to make those around you better.
About the role
Kooltra's development team is a small but mighty group of engineers who are passionate about building great products. We practice Agile and TDD methodologies with short iterations. We code in Apex, Java (Spring, Hibernate, Gradle), Python (Behave), ES6, React deployed on Amazon Web Services and Salesforce. We have a micro-service architecture and we practice continuous integration. We ship frequently, deploying our code continuously.
In this role, you will
- Track, evangelize and and design automation of everything, to minimize manual work, from infrastructure to application deployments in secured public cloud
- Enable scrum teams to manage their development and deployment processes across our infrastructure
- Analyze existing tools and process and identify opportunities to adopt new tools and evolve our processes
- Contribute to product development and architecture discussions and influence direction
- Build strong relationships with other technical leads in engineering
We are looking for people with
- Ability to design, architect and implement production level Docker and Kubernetes orchestration on the AWS cloud
- Expertise in infrastructure monitoring, availability, and security
- Experience with AWS Lambda and SQS
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Work on an unprecedented foreign exchange platform, from the ground up
- We are growing quickly, and you will have an opportunity to grow with us
- You will have autonomy to iterate and improve
- You can make an immediate, visible impact from day one
Investing in our people makes sense. That's why we provide
- Competitive comp and equity
- An office in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Educational stipend
- Medical and dental coverage
- Office snacks
- Friday team lunches and frequent team socials
To apply, please send your resume and a short cover letter telling us about you. The interview process for engineering at Kooltra includes a culture-focused phone screen, a timed 2 hour technical at-home task, and one 3 hour visit to our Toronto office to meet our team. We thank all applicants, but will only be reaching out to those who qualify at this time.
Kooltra is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, one which reflects the world in which we live. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups including visible minorities, members of sexual minority groups, first nations persons, persons with disabilities, and women to apply. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please let us know and we’ll be happy to oblige.