PR + Events Coordinator
MarketingFull TimeToronto, ON
The PR and Events Coordinator is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of Knix’s communications strategy. This person has an eye for detail and keeps up to date with the news and popular trends. This role will work closely with our agency partners as well as key brand stakeholders to amplify product launches and brand initiatives across North America. This is inclusive of supporting strategies of partnerships, fostering ongoing relationships on behalf of the brand, event management, and continuing to position the brand as a lead DTC in the intimates category at large.
- You are collaborative in nature and work easily with others while keeping short & long-term strategies in mind to ensure optimal results for all partners involved
- You are equally creative & logical in your approach to problem-solving & decision-making
- You are in the know and have an excellent grasp of current events, news, social media trends and pop culture
- You've strong time management skills - you can juggle multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment that has multiple moving targets.
- Above all, you are proactive, positive and inspired by Knix and our mission!
- In partnership with the Senior Manager of PR and Events work in tandem with our PR agencies in North America to ensure flawless execution of Knix’s North American communications plan
- Support in pitch, key messaging and press release development
- Coordinates and executes seeding opportunities amongst press, notable partnerships, and influencers
- Liaise with Operations to ensure seamless and timely execution of product seedings
- Builds relationships with press
- Vet partnership and award opportunities
- Assist with inbound press and sample requests and liaise with PR agencies to fulfill press requests
- Continuously monitor press coverage and competitor analysis while managing internal reporting of press coverage to the Knix team at large
- Supports with crisis management
- Support the Senior PR & Events Manager with the development of work back schedules, communication flow to internal and external teams, budgets and vendor outreach
- Onsite support with coordination of vendors and event execution
- Development of event recaps and program postmortem
- Travel may be required based on event locations once events resume
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing, Communications or relevant field
- 2-3 years of work experience at a PR agency or in-house
- Expertise in Cision, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Drive
- Previous experience with influencer relations and brand partnerships
- Demonstrated understanding of the media landscape in both the Canadian and US markets
- Previous experience negotiating contracts & agreements
- Strong time management, the ability to remain proactive, and keeping stakeholders accountable for any deliverables required for launches
- Vetting press and partnership opportunities while ensuring all opportunities align with company values
- Ability to think critically, utilize subject matter expertise, and problem-solve
How We Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation sothat we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted virtually.