Director of People & Culture
HRFull TimeToronto, ON
Knix is seeking an innovative and experienced HR leader to join us as our Director of People & Culture. This person will help scale our existing HR program and shape Knix’s corporate culture. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative and forward-thinking with experience recruiting, retaining, and developing best-in-class talent and teams. They are unafraid to explore unchartered territory and are eager to implement best-practice solutions for the business and its people.
You have the knowledge base. You possess 10+ years of HR leadership experience, including significant experience in a fast-paced start-up or retail operations environment. You understand how things can pivot quickly, and don’t shy away from new challenges.
You’re a team builder. You have extensive experience building and developing teams, and Managers can always rely on you for perspective and support.
You are a culture visionary. You have a deep understanding of how strong company values influence culture and are always thinking of ways to promote engagement and performance
You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You thrive in the building of new systems and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves.
You’re approachable and compassionate. You handle sensitive subject matter with a high degree of discretion and approach complex problems with composure and kindness.
● Oversee the planning and implementation of changes to organizational structure
● Assist in the development and review of workforce demand plans, annual budgets
● Function as a strategic and trusted advisor to senior leaders and managers for all things people-related
● Oversee full-cycle recruitment to ensure that top talent is sourced, interviewed and on-boarded effectively
● Ensure that Knix’s hiring practices are fair and transparent through the development of best-practice standards and processes
● Promote an elevated candidate experience by building and maintaining positive relationships with applicants and related external contacts
● Collaborate with senior leaders to define and implement strategies and solutions to meet business needs
● Drive the design, implementation and evaluation of various performance management systems (i.e. feedback, goal-setting, performance improvement)
● Create and lead vision for the Knix employee experience to reflect our brand and values
● In conjunction with the HR Coordinator and Office Manager, ensure that new and existing employees are equipped with the resources required for success
● Promote team-building and engagement through company-wide culture initiatives
● Develop, operationalize and iterate on people operations policies related to compensation, benefits, performance management, retention
● Own Company benefits program (research, competitor analysis and the negotiation of contracts)
● Oversee the reconciliation of payroll and conduct audits
● Collaborate with Knix’s Joint Health & Safety Committee to promote wellness in the workplace
● Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
● 10+ years of HR leadership experience, including significant experience in a fast-paced start-up or retail operations environment
● CHRL designation preferred
● Strong track record leading businesses through growth
● In-depth knowledge of legislation and HR best-practice with an ability to apply experience to all HR policies, programs, processes and functions
● Strong interpersonal and consulting skills with an ability to influence change
● Experience and/or certification in Health & Safety considered an asset
● A proactive, compassionate, and positive attitude