Store Manager - Vancouver Pop-Up
The Store Manager will lead Knix's Vancouver Pop-Up Store through the seamless daily operations of the store, accountable for driving sales and leading a high performing and engaged team of associates. The successful candidate will drive continuous improvement across all areas in the store, all while delivering outstanding customer service resulting in a growing customer base that love the product and the overall Knix brand.
The dates of the Vancouver Pop-Up will be approximately mid-September 2019 to end of March 2020.
This is a fixed-term role with the potential to become a full-time role.
- You love leading a team and driving results. You are a champion of balancing sales and service to create the ultimate experience for customers.
- You have a pulse on ways to engage and delight our customers.
- You’re a proven leader and people developer; you care about your team and inspire them to be their best in everything that they do.
- You inspire confidence by setting direction, displaying integrity, and moving towards team goals.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and have the ability to “think on your feet.”
- You’re passionate about our customers and inspired by Knix and our mission.
- Proactively drive and increase sales volume through listening to customers’ needs and through a solid understanding of Knix’s suite of products.
- Lead by example and ensure all associates practice an elevated level of customer service. Coach and provide feedback to associates on driving sales while balancing service.
- Cultivate an environment where sales opportunities are maximized through upselling of other products.
- Review and communicate the daily, weekly and quarterly store sales targets.
- Partner with the Product team to ensure all products are merchandised effectively to maximize sales and to best represent the brand.
- Oversee and coach the team on submissions of accurate and timely supply and product counts and orders.
- Escalate any issues or opportunities with product assortment and sizing as required, taking into consideration the right assortment for the customers in the store.
- Oversee and drive the team to continually maintain and reset the cleanliness, set-up and organization in all areas of the store.
- Oversee the communication, workflow, supplies and equipment of the store.
- Troubleshoot operational systems and escalate any issues or opportunities to drive continuous improvement.
- Partner with the Marketing team to ensure all marketing visuals appropriately captures the message.
- Support the Marketing team with on-the-ground execution of logistics for special events.
- Proactively monitor for theft and work to prevent all possible opportunities for loss within the store.
- Champion and drive execution of new and existing store operations, processes and initiatives.
- Support with the openings and operations of future stores and pop-ups for Knix, including but not limited to onboarding and training of staff, initial store set up from an (operations and merchandising), and event execution.
- Lead and develop a high performing sales team.
- Partner with HR to attract and hire high quality talent in order to build out the infrastructure required.
- Accountable for the onboarding, training and integration of new staff.
- Drive a continuous culture of learning through formal and informal feedback.
- Responsible for the scheduling, including managing live-week schedule based on business and operational needs.
- The Vancouver Pop-Up will be in Kitsilano.
- 3+ years’ experience directly managing a small retail sales team.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- Ability to problem solve and juggle multiple tasks and priorities.