About the Role:
Unlocking potential through education is what we’re all about and we strongly believe in the positive impact our products have on people.
We’re looking for a passionate Marketing Director to help define and execute on a marketing plan for our different product lines. We focus on helping Millennials/Gen-Z launch careers in tech and have an opportunity to massively grow the number of people our products can impact. Your work will directly contribute to accelerating our growth.
You will be instrumental in contributing to defining our 1 to 3 year business strategy, developing annual marketing plans, and working cross-functionally to drive growth for the business. You’ll be our first full-time marketing hire, and will report directly to the CEO.
This is a full-time remote salaried position.
Position Start Date: As soon as possible
- Create and execute on a short and long term marketing strategy in order to accelerate business growth
- Ensure that all of our brands are ever present in the eyes of our ideal customers
- Take ownership of our brand personas
- Propose and manage a marketing budget
- Manage freelancers as needed (designers, paid media specialists, developers, etc.)
- Create and analyze reports to ensure the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives
- 5+ years experience in marketing with a proven track record
- Experience managing a marketing budget
- You're a great communicator
- You're excellent at going from idea to execution with little oversight
- Nice to have: experience building and managing a team
Salary & Benefits:
- $70,000-$80,000/year, depending on experience
- Flexible vacation policy (3 weeks in your first year + 2 weeks during Christmas)
- Culture of learning and development
- Ability to take our part-time courses for free
- Flexible work hours
- Fully remote, equipment budget provided
- Work with an amazing and fun team
- Group Health Insurance (after 3 months)
About Journey Education
Journey provides digital skills training with courses, workshops, and events all offered online. Our product lineup currently includes Concordia Bootcamps (courses in Web Development and Data Science) and Bluebird (courses in Tech Sales), with new products on the way. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Journey works with highly experienced instructors to develop cutting-edge, real-world training and meaningful educational products that help people unlock their potential.
At Journey, we are building an environment where our employees feel included and heard. Diversity and inclusion are important to us and we strongly encourage applications from minorities, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.