Digital Marketing Manager
MarketingFull TimeMontreal, QC
About the Role
Journey Education is seeking our first in-house Digital Marketing Manager to grow our brand awareness and increase enrolments for our online tech bootcamps. In this role, you'll touch on multiple aspects of marketing from building our strategy, to creating content for our social media platforms, and executing advertising campaigns. You'll work closely with our admissions team to improve our sales approach and convert quality leads into student enrolments. In joining our team, you'll have the opportunity to be a part of both the creative and strategic sides of digital marketing and have a major impact on all our marketing decisions.
This is a full-time position. Candidates must live in the Greater Montreal Metropolitan.
Application Closing Date: November 26, 2021
Interviews: Nov 29 to Dec 17
Position Starting Date: January 2021 (exact date to be determined)
Managing & Reporting
- Manage multiple brands for Journey Education (including Bluebird, Concordia Bootcamps and the Founder’s personal brand)
- Regularly track and report on marketing strategies, including identifying trends and insights in order to determine what is working and what needs improvement
- Manage a marketing budget
- Develop and execute a social media strategy
- Produce visual, video and written content
- Create and manage paid search and social campaigns
Website, Email Marketing, SEO
- Improve and update website, including landing pages and copy
- Conduct keyword research, analysis, and develop SEO strategies
- Create and manage email marketing campaigns, including producing email marketing copy
- Participate in bimonthly in-person team meetings (in Montreal)
- Work closely with our various departments to challenge and improve our marketing & sales strategies to reflect our company values, generate new prospects, and increase enrolments
- 1-3 years of related marketing experience
- Interest in Tech
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Detail-oriented, organized and curious
- Appreciation for a work/life balance
- Willingness to touch on multiple aspects of marketing from advertising to producing content to writing copy
- Comfortable with reporting and detailed-tracking
- Familiarity working with TikTok, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram
- Experience with paid search and social — an asset
If you really enjoyed reading this job description but don’t think you meet all the requirements, apply anyway. We’re interested in meeting you!
Salary & Benefits
- $55,000 to $70,000/year, based on experience
- 3 weeks paid vacation plus 2 additional weeks of paid vacation over the Christmas and New Years holidays
- Remote work
- Flexible work hours
- Work laptop and gear provided
- Work with an amazing and fun team!
Applicants are strongly encouraged to include a cover letter.
About Journey Education
Journey provides digital skills training with courses, workshops, and events all offered online. Our product lineup currently includes courses in Web Development,Data Science, and Tech Sales. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Journey works with highly experienced instructors to develop cutting-edge, real-world training and meaningful educational products that help people unlock their potential.
At Journey, we are building an environment where our employees feel included and heard. Diversity and inclusion are important to us and we strongly encourage applications from people who hold marginalized identities, including but not limited to people with disabilities, people who hold racialized identities, people who identify as 2LGBTQIA and/or people with intersectional identities.