Web Development Instructor
About the role:
Journey is looking for an experienced, energetic, full-stack web developer with an interest in teaching. As a web development instructor you will be responsible for leading lectures on various web development topics, assigning course work, grading, and mentoring students on a 1-1 basis. You will work closely with other instructors and members of our education team, and follow along with our pre-built curriculum and teacher guide. You will work as an instructor for our Concordia Bootcamps program (a partnership between us and Concordia University) and have a direct impact on changing peoples lives through education.
This is a full-time contractual position which will last 14-weeks. Hours will be from 9:30am to 5:30pm (EST) Monday through Friday. This course will be taught remotely.
You can review the program and upcoming course dates here: https://concordiabootcamps.ca/courses/full-stack-immersive/
- Teach a class of beginners (in collaboration with 1-2 other instructors) with the goal of ensuring they graduate ready for junior level roles in Web Development
- Act as coach/mentor to students as they work their way through the course
- Care profoundly about every student's success
- Work with the Director of Education to learn and adjust to the pre-established curriculum and course content
- Follow each student independently and ensure that they develop a mastery of the subject matter
- You have experience teaching (as a TA), coaching, managing or supporting junior staff or managing projects
- You have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the field of Web Development
- You are an outstanding presenter. You're easy to follow when you explain difficult concepts because of your ability to dissect and disseminate them into bite-sized, understandable ideas
- You are well versed in both front-end and back-end development
- You're energetic and have a strong ability to motivate others
Who you are:
- You love the idea of helping people lead better lives through education
- You're a lifelong learner, constantly learning new things in your field
- You love to share your learnings and experiences with others
- You don't let a bad minute ruin a good day
- You're an active listener
- You're empathetic
Salary and benefits:
- This is a 14-week contractual position (40 hours per week)
- Salary range from $10,000-$15,000 CAD for the duration of the contract - dependant on experience
- Fully remote work
- Work with an amazing and fun team
- Possibility to extend your contract and teach more courses
About Journey Education
Journey provides digital skills training with courses, workshops, and events all offered online. Our product lineup currently includes courses in Web Development and Data Science, with new products on the way. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Journey works with highly experienced instructors to develop cutting-edge, real-world training and meaningful educational products that help people unlock their potential.
At Journey, we are building an environment where our employees feel included and heard. Diversity and inclusion are important to us and we strongly encourage applications from minorities, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.