Director of Development
DevelopmentFull TimeToronto, ON
COVID-19 Note: Our staff is all currently working remotely. Under normal circumstances, we are located in downtown Toronto, but applications from individuals based elsewhere in Canada will be considered as well, due to the uncertainty of our return to work plans.
Over the last few months, Jack.org has pivoted our programming to respond to the global crisis that we're all experiencing. Now more than ever, we need to be reaching and supporting the mental health of young people all across Canada. And we’re in a strong position to do so: we have committed donors, a financial reserve, and a high-performing team that’s eager to tackle the challenges in front of us and continue our exceptional growth.
As an experienced business leader with an extraordinary understanding of raising funds, you know that this type of growth takes resources. Our current multi-year strategic plan projects a doubling of annual revenue by 2025, and we need a highly driven, aspirational, and inspirational Director of Development to help us reach our goals.
In this role, you would:
- Report to the Vice President and be a part of the senior management team, supporting the growth and strategic development of the organization and collaborating with other departments
- Lead the fundraising department, including developing and executing an ambitious and strategic fund development plan to ensure we meet our revenue targets
- Manage a growing team, motivating staff to think aspirationally and push projects forward
- Work closely with our current and prospective major donors to significantly increase our revenue in this area
- Work closely with our Fundraising Committee, Board of Directors, and volunteer committees
What we’re looking for:
- 7 years of business development and/or fundraising experience, with 3+ years managing high-performing teams
- Leadership experience: comfort with taking action and making strategic decisions, strong collaboration skills, and the ability to inspire and motivate
- Exceptional relationship management, experience dealing with major donors and business leaders, and excellent stewardship skills
- A powerful and confident communicator, both written and verbal
- Experience with fundraising events, grant writing, and sponsorship packages -- or equivalent experience in business development
- An impressive track record of aspirational thinking and achieving results
- Excellent organizational abilities and a numbers-focused mindset
- A strategic and analytical thinker with strong project management and problem-solving abilities
- Tremendous judiciousness, professionalism, and tact
- Adaptability, positivity, and the ability to thrive in a growing, fast-paced organization
- A visionary approach. We want to be bigger, better, and more impactful, and we need someone who is excited for the growth ahead of us and eager to contribute in a meaningful way to Jack.org’s evolution
- Experience working with CRM software and fundraising platforms, and proficiency in Microsoft Suite and G-Suite products
- A passion for the mental health of young people across Canada and a drive to make change
What’s in it for you:
- A full-time, permanent position; $90-110,000 per annum, depending upon previous experience
- A comprehensive benefits package, including $2,000 annual coverage for mental health services, accessible from the first day on the job
- The flexibility and autonomy you need to get the job done
- A trust-based culture: we offer unlimited sick days, flex hours, and an emphasis on the results delivered over the hours worked
- A fun, exciting environment filled with an amazing group of driven, talented people (check us out)
- In addition to vacation allowances, we offer a winter and summer office closure so that we can all recharge simultaneously
- Working for an organization that supports professional development and that will invest time and money into your growth
- A chance to shape the growth of an aspirational, well-funded organization and make a significant impact on the mental health and well-being of young people across Canada
If this job sounds right for you, please submit a cover letter and resume here no later than June 12. The position is scheduled to start in early July. We will be contacting appropriate candidates as we receive applications.
Thanks for applying!
Jack.org is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve to apply to join our team.
Jack.org welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.