Director of Programs
ProgramsFull TimeToronto, ON
When we’re asked why we love working at Jack.org, we have a lot to say:
We’re a young organization – we’re constantly evolving a lot of what we do, and our entire team has significant input into our direction. While our strategic focus is clear, we’re nimble – we love adjusting as we go, learning quickly from mistakes, and trying new things. We have made huge progress in a short time – by taking a creative and refreshing approach to the subject of youth mental health. We have a fantastic community of donors which allows us to reach for new exciting opportunities and take calculated risks. We’re well-supported and governed – our accomplished Board of Directors, impressive young leaders, and committed donors stand with us in our work.
Most importantly, we’re having a real impact. Our programs engage hundreds of thousands of young people each year who are changing the culture around mental health in Canada and creating safer, more supportive communities.
That’s where you come in.
We’re ahead of schedule on our strategic plan, and we’re now ready to enter a whole new phase of growth and innovation. We need an experienced, aspirational Director of Programs to join our team.
In this role, you would:
● Report to the Executive Director and be a part of the senior management team, supporting the growth and strategic development of the organization and collaborating with other departments
● Lead the programs department by bringing fresh energy and ideas to develop new content and programs while supporting our existing work
● Innovate and improve our evaluation to measure our impact, ensure our programs are effective, support the needs of our fundraising team, and evolve our strategy
● Manage a growing team, providing coaching, support, and guidance; build a culture of trust, accountability, and innovation
● Develop and oversee relationships with high-level partners
● Liaise with the Board of Directors on issues including programming, evaluation, and advocacy
What we’re looking for:
● 7 years of experience in program design and delivery, including at least 3 years in a senior management role
● Deep knowledge of mental health issues and public health approaches
● Demonstrated understanding of, and experience in, program monitoring and evaluation
● Stellar leadership abilities; must be an inspirational leader with a proven track record of building high-functioning teams and relationships across departments
● Commitment to social justice, diversity, and inclusion
● A love of collaboration and a team-oriented attitude; open-minded, approachable, and professional
● A proven ability to work in a nimble, youth-focused, “start-up” environment: flexible, eager to contribute solutions, and excited by a fast pace
● A powerful and confident communicator who can represent Jack.org and communicate complex programs in simple language
● Goal-driven and aspirational with a passion for improving the landscape of mental health in Canada.
What’s in it for you:
● A full-time, permanent position; $85-100,000 per annum, depending upon previous experience
● A comprehensive benefits package, including $2,000 annual coverage for mental health services, accessible from the first day on the job
● The flexibility and autonomy you need to get the job done
● A trust-based culture: we offer unlimited sick days, flex hours, and remote work opportunities
● A fun, exciting environment filled with an amazing group of driven, talented people (check us out)
● In addition to vacation allowances, we offer a winter and summer office closure so that we can all recharge simultaneously
● Working for an organization that supports professional development and that will invest time and money into your growth
● A chance to shape the growth of an aspirational, well-funded organization and make a significant impact on the mental health and well-being of young people across Canada
If this job sounds right for you, please submit a cover letter and resume here. We will be contacting appropriate candidates as we receive applications.
Jack.org is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve to apply to join our team.
Jack.org welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
Thanks for applying!