Program Coordinator (Be There)
ProgramsFull TimeToronto, ON
Jack.org is the only Canadian charity training and empowering young leaders to revolutionize mental health. Through Jack Talks, Jack Chapters, and Jack Summits, young leaders identify and dismantle barriers to positive mental health in their communities.
Created by Jack.org, Be There is the most engaging and comprehensive resource for youth to learn how to support someone struggling with their mental health. Through accessible language and relatable videos, BeThere.org answers the most common questions from young people; What do I say? What if I make it worse? How do I take care of my own mental health while supporting someone else?
Since launching Be There in May 2019, BeThere.org has seen over 60,000 visitors and garnered rave reviews. Be There provides youth with the knowledge, skills, and confidence they need to recognize when a peer is struggling, lean into tough conversations, and maintain their own mental health while showing they care.
The Program Coordinator (Be There) role will be eclectic and multidisciplinary, and will be highly involved in all aspects of Be There’s growth and development.
In this role, you will:
- Work under the Program Manager (Be There) to drive the growth and progress of Be There forward
- Take part in the brainstorming and implementation of new Be There growth ideas, and help shape its future trajectory
- Assist in all project management activities, creating workback schedules for key deliverables, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Coordinate the recruitment and logistics of video shoots, focus groups, and ideation workshops
- Work with our digital agency to maintain the BeThere.org website through its content management system (CMS)
- Facilitate, monitor, and report on program evaluation activities
- Initiate communications and maintain relationships with donors, youth, and partners
- Help to promote Be There, prospecting and pursuing unique opportunities to expand its reach
- Step in whenever necessary to ensure all aspects of the project are handled
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is task-oriented and has an extreme attention to detail
- Is an excellent communicator and a team player, willing to help out wherever necessary
- Is comfortable manipulating evaluation and financial data in Excel
- Has experience using project management software, such as Asana or equivalent
- Is open to giving and receiving feedback in a constructive way
- Has comfort and experience organizing and rallying groups of people
- Is looking for a challenge and is excited by the possibility of major growth potential
It would be great if you:
- Have a working competency in Quebecois French
- Have experience with web design or development
- Have an interest in knowledge translation or program evaluation
- Have a mental health background or interest in the field
What’s in it for you?
- This is a full-time, permanent position with a salary of $40,000 per annum
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including $2,000 annual coverage for mental health services, accessible from the first day on the job
- We support professional development and will invest time and money into your growth
- We have a flexible, trust-based culture: we offer unlimited sick days and flex hours
- Our environment is fun and exciting, and filled with an amazing group of driven, talented people (check us out)
- In addition to vacation allowances, we offer a winter and summer office closure so that we can all recharge simultaneously
- At Jack.org, you will help shape the growth of an aspirational, well-funded organization and make a significant impact on the mental health and well-being of young people across Canada
If this sounds like you, apply here with your resume and a cover letter of no more than one page. This position is scheduled to start ASAP. We will be considering applications as they come in, so don’t delay!
Jack.org is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve to apply to join our team.
Jack.org welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
Thank you for applying! 💙