DevelopmentFull TimeToronto, ON
Jack.org is the only Canadian charity training and empowering young leaders to revolutionize mental health. Through Jack Talks, Jack Chapters, and Jack Summits, young leaders identify and dismantle barriers to positive mental health in their communities.
Behind each of these mental health initiatives is the support of our amazing donors, sponsors, and corporate partners whose generous contributions allow our big dreams to become a reality.
In support of our ever-expanding fundraising and community giving efforts, we’re looking to grow our Development team in order to ensure that our supporters receive a best-in-class giving experience each and every time they interact with Jack.org. From promotional communications to monthly giving coordination, holiday appeals, and ongoing stewardship activities, we need someone to help us foster the current relationships we hold, and help grow our donor base to support our efforts as we expand our programmatic reach.
We want our donors and supporters to know how much we appreciate them, and how important their contributions are to the 2,800 young leaders in Jack.org’s national network. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has at least one (1) year of experience in fundraising, event planning, non-profit coordination, or other relevant experience
- Has demonstrated excellence with building, maintaining, and tracking relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Actively enjoys keeping detailed and accurate records, having multiple projects on the go at once, and working closely with a team to ensure that tight deadlines are always met
- Understands the importance of ensuring that all of our supporters have been adequately acknowledged and thanked for their contributions or attendance following a major event or fundraising activity
- Would call themselves a people person, a team player, and a self-starter
- Is as comfortable speaking on the phone as they are approaching a donor at an event or sending an exploratory email to a potential corporate sponsor
- Thinks that a well-thought-out spreadsheet and a clean database are extremely important to an effective workflow
- Is an exceptional communicator, a critical thinker, and an initiative-taker
- Welcomes any challenge and is always willing to step in to help wherever necessary
It would be great if you:
- Possess a Fundraising Management Certificate, or equivalent experience
- Have worked for a not-for-profit previously in a fundraising or stewardship capacity
- Are comfortable working with a CRM, such as Salesforce or equivalent
- Have experience with Raisin or another fundraising platform
- Have event-planning experience, and or experience working events day-of
- Have a working proficiency in French
- Have a valid Ontario drivers licence
What’s in it for you?:
- A full-time, permanent position; $40,000 per annum
- A comprehensive benefits package, including $2,000 annual coverage for mental health services, accessible from the first day on the job
- Working for an organization that supports professional development and that will invest time and money into your growth
- A flexible, trust-based culture: we offer unlimited sick days, flex hours, and remote work opportunities
- A fun, exciting environment filled with an amazing group of driven, talented people (check us out)
- In addition to vacation allowances, we offer a winter and summer office closure so that we can all recharge simultaneously
- A chance to shape the growth of an aspirational, well-funded organization and make a significant impact on the mental health and well-being of young people across Canada
If this sounds like you, apply here with your resume and a cover letter of no more than one page. This position is scheduled to start ASAP. We will be considering applications as they come in, so don’t delay!
Jack.org is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve to apply to join our team.
Jack.org welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
Thank you for applying! 💙