Major Events Manager -- 14 Month Contract
Jack.org is the only Canadian charity training and empowering young leaders to revolutionize mental health. Through Jack Talks, Jack Chapters, and Jack Summits, young leaders identify and dismantle barriers to positive mental health in their communities.
After mental health advocacy, throwing remarkable events is Jack.org’s bread and butter. We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional, memorable experience to all those who attend a Jack.org event, whether they be a participant, volunteer, donor, sponsor, or youth in our network.
From our biggest fundraising event, Jack Ride, to network appreciation events such as Jack Music, to smaller fundraisers like CAMP, we never settle for anything less than spectacular.
Our beloved Major Events Manager is going on leave, and we’re looking for someone to fill her big shoes while she’s gone. We’re looking for a personable self-starter with a cool head and experience running major events for a non-profit organization -- someone who is comfortable juggling many, many competing priorities while refusing to let a single ball drop -- someone who thrives under extreme pressure and understands the entire event management process from ideation to execution.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee all aspects of Jack.org’s major events planning and execution
- Expand and strengthen current events, finding new opportunities for growth and improvement
- Contribute to ongoing fundraising strategy and drive fundraising efforts of event participants
- Spearhead all promotional efforts, communications, and logistics leading up to major events, and all stewardship endeavours that follow - working closely with members of other departments as required
- Manage and oversee the run of show at all major events, ensuring that everything goes smoothly and any last-minute issues are handled with grace
- Assist with the execution of smaller one-off events as required, whether they be third-party fundraisers, internal events, or otherwise
- Oversee the events team -- consisting of a Major Events Coordinator, Fundraising Summer Intern, Jack Ride Volunteer Committee, and event volunteers
To be right for this role, you must:
- Have experience planning and executing major events, ideally within a non-profit setting
- Have a proven track record of successful people management
- Be experienced in providing exceptional customer service
- Consider yourself an over-achiever with a can-do attitude
- Possess an extreme attention to the smallest of details
- Be flexible and able to change directions on the fly
- Be a keen problem-solver with comfort responding to inevitable hurdles and working under intense pressure
- Be aspirational with a growth mindset and creative drive
- Be able and willing to participate in all aspects of event execution, including but not limited to: working outside regular work hours, lifting and transporting equipment (you don't need to be Hercules!) and maintaining relationships with donors, vendors, sponsors, and volunteers
We would love it if you had:
- Proficiency in written and oral French
- Pre-established relationships with local vendors
- Experience working with Salesforce or equivalent CRM
- Experience working with a fundraising platform such as Raisin or equivalent
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G Suite
- A valid G-level Ontario drivers licence and a clean driving record; access to a vehicle is a bonus
What’s in it for you?:
- A full-time contract position between September 3, 2019 and November 3, 2020; $55-60k per annum
- Potential for permanent employment following the completion of the contract, dependent upon organizational requirements
- A comprehensive benefits package, including $2,000 annual coverage for mental health services, accessible from the first day on the job
- Working for an organization that supports professional development and that will invest time and money into your growth
- A flexible, trust-based culture: we offer unlimited sick days and flex hours
- A fun, exciting environment filled with an amazing group of driven, talented people (check us out)
- In addition to vacation allowances, we offer a winter and summer office closure so that we can all recharge simultaneously
- A chance to shape the growth of an aspirational, well-funded organization and make a significant impact on the mental health and well-being of young people across Canada
This is a contract position located at our downtown Toronto headquarters that will run from September 3, 2019 to November 3, 2020 with the potential for extension.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by July 17, 2019. Applications will be considered as they come in, so don't delay!
Jack.org is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve to apply to join our team.
Jack.org welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in working with Jack.org! 💙