Director of Development
DevelopmentFull TimeToronto, ON
When we’re asked why we love working at Jack.org, we have a lot to say:
We’re a young organization – we’re constantly evolving a lot of what we do, and our entire team has significant input into our direction. While our strategic focus is clear, we’re nimble – we love adjusting as we go, learning quickly from mistakes and trying new things. We have made huge progress in a short time – by taking a creative and refreshing approach to the subject of youth mental health. We have a fantastic community of donors which allows us to reach for new exciting opportunities and take calculated risks. We’re well supported and governed – our accomplished Board of Directors, impressive young leaders and committed donors stand with us in our work.
Most importantly, we’re growing fast and having a real impact. Our programs engage hundreds of thousands of young people each year who are changing the culture around mental health in Canada and creating safer, more supportive communities.
That’s where you come in.
As an experienced fundraiser, you know that this type of growth takes resources. This fiscal we’re on track to raise $4.5 million, and we have plans to double that within a few short years. We need a driven, aspirational Director of Development to help get us there.
In this role, you would:
- Report to the Vice President and be a part of the senior management team, supporting the growth and strategic development of the organization and collaborating with other departments
- Lead the fundraising department, including developing and executing an ambitious and strategic fund development plan to ensure we meet our revenue targets
- Manage a growing team, motivating staff to think aspirationally and push projects forward
- Work closely with our current and prospective major donors to significantly increase our revenue in this area
- Work closely with our Fundraising Committee, Board and volunteer committees
What we’re looking for:
- 7 years fundraising experience, with at least 3 years in a management role
- Leadership experience: comfort in taking action and making decisions, collaboration skills, and the ability to inspire teams
- Exceptional relationship management, experience dealing with major donors, and an understanding of grant writing
- Creativity, combined with a strong knowledge of diverse fundraising methods
- A powerful and confident communicator, both written and oral
- An impressive track record of aspirational thinking and achieving results
- Organized and numbers focused
- A passion for the mental health of young people across Canada and a drive to make change
- Excellent stewardship skills
- Ideally with fundraising event experience
What’s in it for you:
- A full-time, permanent position; $90-110,000 per annum, depending upon previous experience
- A comprehensive benefits package, including $2,000 annual coverage for mental health services, accessible from the first day on the job
- The flexibility and autonomy you need to get the job done
- A trust-based culture: we offer unlimited sick days, flex hours, and remote work opportunities
- A fun, exciting environment filled with an amazing group of driven, talented people (check us out)
- In addition to vacation allowances, we offer a winter and summer office closure so that we can all recharge simultaneously
- Working for an organization that supports professional development and that will invest time and money into your growth
- A chance to shape the growth of an aspirational, well-funded organization and make a significant impact on the mental health and well-being of young people across Canada
If this job sounds right for you, please submit a cover letter and resume. We will be contacting appropriate candidates as we receive applications.
Thanks for applying!
Jack.org is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve to apply to join our team.
Jack.org welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.