DevelopmentFull TimeVancouver, BC
Intergalactic is looking for a Web Developer with a minimum of three years experience who is creative, passionate about their work and looking to join an amazing team. This is a full-time position in our Yaletown office (heritage post and beam construction and a growing collection of sci-fi paraphernalia).
We are an award winning creative tech agency with the ambition of becoming the best. We have offices in Vancouver and London (UK) specializing in mobile, web, experiential and AR/VR. Our clients include Sundance Film Festival, HPE, Cisco, Dell, Kraft, South by Southwest, BC Liquor Stores, UBC, British Fashion Council, and... you get the idea. We're a fun, fast-moving, small company where you'll definitely see the work you do put into action. We collaborate with ad agencies and event production companies to bring brilliant ideas to life.
What you will do:
• Work with our team on custom software projects for clients and our own company based internal products
• Meet with clients and help guide the process of brainstorming the ideal solution for each project
• Explore new technologies, platforms and methods to continually advance our team
• Be passionate about good development practices
• Bring your creativity to the solutions we develop
• Contribute to creating a cohesive and well organized team
• Your work will include both public-facing websites as well as secure back-end administration tools
The ideal candidate will be:
- Strongly proficienct with front-end web development: HTML5 and CSS3
- Proficienct working with SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL) or NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis)
- Proficienct with developing APIs
Nice to haves include:
- Strongly proficient in PHP development with real world experience using: Drupal
- Experience developing with MVC platforms
- Experience architecting SaaS delivery systems
- Experience with e-commerce deployments
- Server admin experience
- Experience with Git and version management
- An ability to visualize and contribute to amazing Designs and UX
This is a full-time permanent position working in our Vancouver head office.
We’re a professional yet casual group who work hard in our Yaletown office where we are dog friendly, have beer Fridays, get out for team activities and have drinks and fresh produce brought in.
Interested? Send us your application including a cover letter with your favourite sci-fi movie quote and an explanation of why it’s your favourite.