Senior Full Stack Developer(s)
DevelopmentFull TimeVancouver, BC
Senior Full Stack Developer
Intergalactic is looking to immediately hire (two) permanent or contract, full-time Senior Full Stack Engineer(s).
You love working on challenging projects and ensuring that they are delivered to the highest quality. You also like to work with other smart, skilled, passionate developers and help inform tech direction and best practices. As part of a growing team of other web and interactive devs you will work directly with clients, designers and other developers delivering projects from concept and proposal through to development and delivery.
Who we are:
Intergalactic Agency is an award winning innovation and creative tech agency with the ambition of becoming the best. We have offices in Vancouver and London (UK) delivering web, mobile, and experiential solutions. Projects range from web sites such as building a global virtual events platform to real-time multi-user web AR solutions to custom apps using Unity and related tech for virtual fitting rooms. Our clients include Cisco, Brand Live, SAP, Microsoft, Xbox, EY and BC Liquor Stores. We’re a fun, fast-moving, smallish company where you’ll definitely see the work you do put into action. We collaborate with design and event production companies from around the world to bring brilliant ideas to life.
This is a full-time permanent role working out of Vancouver (remote during COVID, but returning to the office part-time after COVID)
What you’ll do:
- Work on custom web applications and interactive projects
- Ideate and estimate on creative briefs as part of team ideation sessions
- Work with the Creative Team to come up with envelope pushing experiences
- Keep up to date on latest tech and trends and present these to the larger team
- Design, develop and deploy high quality, complex, and highly scalable systems
- Work within the software development teams to streamline the build processes and release management via continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Produce clean, efficient, high quality code based on specifications and best practices
- Contribute to creating a cohesive and well organised team
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience with CI/CD
- 3 - 5+ years work experience using ReactJS
- 3 - 5+ years work experience using NodeJS
- 3 - 5+ years work experience (expert) API development skills: JSON, graphQL, etc
- 2 - 3+ years work experience working with databases (NoSQL - MongoDB/Redis and SQL - MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- 2 - 3+ years work experience working with CMS implementations
- Experience / proficiency with headless CMS implementations
- Ability to design secure and testable code
- Be curiosity driven and creative
Nice to haves:
- Experience / proficiency with three.js
- Familiarity with Dev Ops: AWS / Azure / GCP proficiency
- Proficient in scripting and automation skills
- Experience with CI/CD and gitops services
- PHP - because we have some legacy sites we built years ago and continue to support
Although most of the team is working from home due to COVID, we do also have a dog friendly "exposed post and beam" office in Yaletown with Nespresso coffee and healthful snacks and drinks provided. For those so inclined during the pandemic we also get out for unofficial team lunches and Thirsty Thursdays (or beer o'clock on Fridays).
Interested? Send us your application including a cover letter, with your favourite sci-fi movie quote (with a name like Intergalactic, what did you expect) and an explanation of why it’s your favourite.