Full Stack Engineer + DevOps
DevelopmentFull TimeVancouver, BC
Full Stack Engineer + DevOps
Intergalactic is looking for a permanent, full-time Full Stack Engineer with DevOps experience to join our growing team! As a Fullstack Engineer, you will work directly with clients, developers and project teams from concept and proposal phase through to development and delivery.
Not only will you get to work on exciting projects with clients like Cisco, Brand Live, SAP, and Microsoft, you will also be responsible for site releases, environment management, deployment management and pipeline creation of DevOps. Ultimately, you will be someone who can execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately, and securely.
Who we are:
Intergalactic Agency is an award winning creative tech agency with the ambition of becoming the best. We have offices in Vancouver and London (UK) specialising in web, mobile, and experiential installations. Our clients include Cisco, Brand Live, SAP, Microsoft, Xbox, EY and BC Liquor Stores. We’re a fun, fast-moving, small company where you’ll definitely see the work you do put into action. We collaborate with design and event production companies from around the world to bring brilliant ideas to life.
This is a full-time permament role working out of Vancouver (remote during COVID, but returning to the office part-time after COVID)
What you’ll do:
- Work on custom client-side web applications and interactive projects
- Deploying updates, identify production issues and implement integrations that meet client needs and in various environments
- Design, develop and deploy high quality, complex, and highly scalable systems
- Respond to operational incidents and perform root-cause analysis to resolve technical issues or production errors
- Work with the software development teams to streamline the build processes and release management via continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Assure teams have supporting infrastructure for the entire lifecycle from design to release and liaise with development, QA and operations teams
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Investigate, architect, plan and provision cloud-based systems
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Contribute to creating a cohesive and well organised team
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or similar degree or diploma), or equivalent work experience
- 3 years work experience in designing, configuring and implementing systems using AWS (or similar) environment
- Experience in other cloud technologies like GCP is a plus
- Experience deploying to and orchestrating containers in production environments (Containers, Kubernetes, and related technologies)
- Proficient in scripting and automation skills
- Experience with CI/CD and gitops services
- 3 years work experience using ReactJS
- 2 years work experience working with databases (NoSQL - MongoDB/Redis and SQL - MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Ability to design secure and testable code
Interested? Send us your application including a cover letter, with your favourite sci-fi movie quote and an explanation of why it’s your favourite.