UI/UX Interactive Designer
CreativeFull TimeVancouver, BC
You see the world from a unique perspective, are full of ideas, driven by the need to create, passionate about your work and looking to become part of an amazing team.
Intergalactic is looking for a UI/UX/Interactive Designer to help design the next generation of amazing apps, AR/VR and web experiences that have become synonymous with the Intergalactic brand.
This is a full-time permanent role based out of our Vancouver, BC head office, where we've embraced a hybrid 5/10 office schedule.
Who We Are
We are a growing digital agency that designs high quality apps, awesome websites, amazing AR/VR experiences and epic touch screens for major brands and clients around the globe. Our clients include South by Southwest (SXSW), Sundance Film Festival, HPE, Cisco, Microsoft, Banff Centre, BC Liquor Distribution, SAP, National Film Board, UBC, Dell and loads more. We need to add some great creatives to our team.
We’re a professional yet casual group who work hard from our Yaletown office. When in the office, we get out for team activities and have fresh produce and drinks brought in weekly.
About the Role
As a Designer for Intergalactic, you will work in an open team environment collaborating with our developers, and project managers. You will help form and create design strategies, identify key interactions of the product, create visual prototypes, and stay current on technology and trends that will impact the end user. You will also help build products that are accessible, intuitive, and visually appealing. You are passionate about solving product challenges through understanding a breadth of perspectives and needs related to the user experience.
Alongside the project manager you must be able to translate requirements into practical solutions by demonstrating systematic and creative design thinking. You will also need the ability to articulate the rationale for design decisions to clients and stakeholders. As part of a small, close knit team you'll be expected to wear many hats, and it is essential that our Designers be able to collaborate well with other team members yet work autonomously and efficiently when necessary, and ensure the quality of the digital product.
What You'll Do
- Implement best practices in all areas on design, with a focus on the end-user
- UI Design for responsive mobile and desktop interfaces
- Identify and create key interactions of the product
- Creation of wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and interactive prototypes for various interfaces
- Use Adobe CS to produce pixel-perfect, beautiful front-end designs
- Design and produce graphics and websites to support internal initiatives
- Work with the team to ensure that projects are planned and delivered in a timely and predictable manner
- Work with the pitch team to provide concepts to clients and converse about the merits of our ideas and digital engagement
Who You Are
- 3+ years' experience that can demonstrate proficiency in interactive front end design, responsive design, cross-browser consistency, and mobile optimization is expected.
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use cases and user interaction
- Portfolio and/or experience designing and shipping mobile and web products
- Familiarity with agile, iterative design processes and more traditional waterfall processes
- Strong communications skills in English
- Ability to work independently and lead a project with oversight of development implementation
- Proficiency with a prototyping tool (InVision)
- Very Organized, and detail-orientation, with a strong aesthetic sensibility and appreciation of good visual design
- Understanding of user experience workflows, how to implement them, and why they are used
- Ability to embrace feedback and adapt designs as required in collaboration with other designers and the rest of the team
Bonus Points for
- Diploma/Degree in Design, Interaction Design or Digital Arts
- Motion graphic and/or animation design experience
- Experience with site map building and information architecture
- Familiarity with accessibility and usability requirements
Interested? Apply below by sending us your resumé and cover letter, including your favourite sci-fi quote and the reason why it's your favourite. Please also include your LinkedIn and portfolio.