Doctor of Medicine
ClinicFull TimePembroke, ON
Medical Doctors have the knowledge, skills and competencies to support individuals and populations across the continuum of care, including health promotion and illness prevention, self-management, treatment and rehabilitation.
Medical Doctors assess the impact of injury, disease or disorders of movement and function, and promote, restore and prolong physical independence by enhancing a patient’s functional capacity.
Reports to: VP Operations
· Working with patients with a variety of conditions, sometimes over a period of weeks or months
· Assessing and treating problems
· Encouraging exercise and movement
· Advising patients on leading a healthy lifestyle
· Keeping reports on patients and their progress
· Liaising with, and referring to, other healthcare professionals to encourage a holistic approach to treatment
· Staying up to date with developments in treatments
· Being caring, compassionate and patient.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
· Registered and insured
Minimum Previous Experience:
· Bilingualism is considered to be an asset.
· The ability to work in an interdisciplinary team environment;
· Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment;
· Compliance with practice standards from the College of Massage Therapy of Ontario;
· Ability to critically appraise primary literature;
· Ability to use best practice health care literature databases.
· Excellent customer service and communication skill
· Strong work ethic
· Works well in a team based multi-disciplinary practice
If you are ready to meet the challenge of this position please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications as well as 3 business/academic references to:
Integrated Health Centre
570 Nelson Street
Confidential Fax: (613) 732-3333