ClinicFull TimePembroke, ON
Physiotherapists have the knowledge, skills and competencies to support individuals and populations across the continuum of care, including health promotion and illness prevention, self-management, treatment and rehabilitation.
Physiotherapists assess the impact of injury, disease or disorders of movement and function, and promote, restore and prolong physical independence by enhancing a patient’s functional capacity.
Reports to: VP Operations
· Working with patients with a variety of conditions, sometimes over a period of weeks or months
· Diagnosing, assessing and treating problems
· Encouraging exercise and movement
· Advising patients on leading a healthy lifestyle
· Keeping reports on patients and their progress
· Liaising with, and referring to, other healthcare professionals to encourage a holistic approach to treatment
· Staying up to date with developments in treatments
· Being caring, compassionate and patient.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
· Entry Level Degree in Physical Therapy
· Registration as a physiotherapist in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
Minimum Previous Experience:
· At least one year, ideally three or more years of community, hospital or private practice experience is preferred. Must demonstrate ability to conduct assessments, identify and implement care plans, document health records and communicate and collaborate with an interdisciplinary care team.
· Bilingualism is considered to be an asset.
· The ability to work in an interdisciplinary team environment;
· Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment;
· Compliance with practice standards from the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario;
· Ability to critically appraise primary literature;
· Ability to use best practice health care literature databases.
If you are ready to meet the challenge of this position please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications as well as 3 business references to:
Integrated Health Centre
570 Nelson Street
Pembroke ON K8A 7W7
Confidential Fax: (613) 735-5770