Business Development Director
SalesFull TimeMontreal, QC
WHO WE ARE
Innovobot Labs is an R&D and innovation design house. We tackle pressing problems through the development and application of cutting-edge technologies. We create systems, products and solutions that solve real world problems and are ready for commercialization.
Do you want to join a world-class team and make a real impact by fostering disruptive, revolutionary tech around Human-Machine Interface (HMI), Robotics, AI (Artificial Intelligence), IoT (Internet of Things) and Advanced Materials? Keep reading!
Innovobot Labs is looking for a Business Development Director to develop new markets in advanced manufacturing and generate and close new opportunities.
The successful candidate is expected to engage with all functions within Innovobot, including the C-suite team. Working from our beautiful Montreal office and from home, the Business Development Director is a self-starter who is eager to support innovation and bring new solutions to market.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop a business plan to grow our advanced manufacturing offering leveraging our expertise in the fields of HMI (Human-Machine Interface), Robotics, AI (artificial intelligence), IoT (Internet of Things) and Advanced Materials.
- Develop and build an ecosystem for advanced manufacturing including partnerships and potential acquisitions.
- Using a consultative selling approach, understand clients’ business priorities and initiatives, requirements and pain points.
- Develop and effectively articulate and align Innovobot’s value proposition and solution offering to meet clients’ needs and expectations, promoting our open innovation model – sharing risk and reward.
- Responsible for account and relationship development and management at all levels of the client’s organization.
- Generate and close sales opportunities. Prioritize sales activities to maximize Innovobot revenue and profitability in the short and long terms.
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships.
- Act as domain expert by monitoring market trends and drivers, regulations, technology trends, market size, and identify market opportunities.
- Responsible for VOC (voice of client) and competitive analysis.
- Provide executive management with account updates, sales forecasts, and other KPIs.
- Attend events, conferences and trade shows to promote Innovobot brand, support partners and identify new prospects.
- Work closely with strategic marketing to segment client based on needs and behavior. Align technical and sales resources to enhance client experience and efficiency.
WHO YOU ARE
- Minimum 7 years of experience in account management, sales, marketing, business development, and negotiating with clients.
- Bachelor's degree. Experience working in engineering and manufacturing is a plus.
- Business acumen and client-centric approach. Familiar with consultative selling, and demonstrated track record of driving winning value propositions.
- Take initiative and act as an independent operator in leading and executing all phases of the Business Development and Sales process.
- Known for your strong written and verbal communication skills, pitch/oral presentation skills and overall soft skills.
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset.
- Familiar with technology, legal and financial terminology and with various types of contractual agreements (non-disclosure agreements, intellectual property, partnership and service agreements, etc.).
- Problem solver, attention to detail, flexible and creative.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
Innovobot Labs Inc. values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is committed to creating a respectful environment for all employees.
Sounds like you? Apply today!