Field Services Technician -- Central USA
Field ServicesFull TimeUnited States
Who We Are:
We are an innovative technology service provider to the transportation industry across North America. We are disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective technology solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers throughout the United States and Canada. We are on a mission to revolutionize highway safety and efficiency and we are looking for great talent to be part of our success story!
Who You Are:
As the ideal candidate you are a self -starter who enjoys frequent travel as part of the job, problem solving and applying your technical expertise to the most cutting-edge equipment in the industry. You are excited to amp up your skills by being involved in a broad scope of projects ranging from civil construction to custom software implementation.
What You’ll Be Doing:
You will be travelling frequently by air/car completing installations, maintenance, and system upgrades at our customer sites. When you are not on the road, you will be working from the comfort of your home office. The work you do every day will be saving lives out on the road!
How We Take Care of Our Technicians
- Access to health benefits (medical/dental/vison) from day one!
- Employee stock option plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Company credit card for all work-related expenses
- Access to vehicle rentals for all driving required on the job
- Provision of all the tools required to do the jobs
- Provision of equipment required to set up your home office
- Organized schedules, released in advance so our technicians can plan their lives outside of work!
- A five-day work week, with all efforts made to have technicians off work on the weekends.
Job Accountabilities - include but are not limited to:
- Install and maintain a wide variety of imaging and ITS devices such as CCTV and digital cameras, illuminators, video detection systems, vehicle induction loops, dynamic message signs, solid-state equipment, fiber optic equipment, computerized communication cables, light-emitting diode lamps, and related devices and equipment for the freeway, arterial roadways, and government facilities.
- Verify proper device and system operation, conduct inspections, and preventive maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions, isolate defects, and repair devices and equipment.
- Participate in the design, layout, modification, and fabrication of the ITS components used in the field.
- Read diagrams, blueprints, manuals, and specifications for new installations and continual maintenance of cameras and ITS devices; make corrections to schematics and blueprints.
- Monitor cameras and devices, diagnose issues and safely implement changes for effective system operation.
- Evaluate, plan, direct, and perform repair, removal, and replacement of poles, cabinets, controllers, and other equipment; repair conduit, pull wires and cable, as needed; perform emergency repairs as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and contractors.
- Make independent technical decisions during maintenance activities.
- Lead and participate in field and bench testing procedures on a variety of camera and ITS equipment, such as digital camera systems, traffic control systems, dynamic message signs, inductive vehicle detection systems, power service assemblies, and others; test, troubleshoot, and repair camera and ITS equipment.
- Assist with the production and testing of new technologies.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience installing, repairing, and maintaining ITS, CCTV, or traffic control systems.
- Specialized training in electronics, networking, and CCTV maintenance and repair or alarm system installations.
- Knowledge of cable and component color coding and the ability to read schematics, construction, and machine drawings.
- Able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and possess strong techniques and methods of record keeping.
- Valid Passport and ability to board flights.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Successful candidates will be subject to completion of a criminal background check
- Walking, bending, lifting, repetitive motion, use of hand tools, and test equipment.
- Driving short and long distances and frequent travel including overnights.
- Operating assigned equipment and operating devices.
- Handling equipment up to 50 lbs. and occasionally climbing ladders whilst carrying up to 50 lbs.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that continues to disrupt industry with new ideas?
Although technically, we have been in business for almost 20 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Our Journey and Culture
As an organization, our innovative and collaborative culture is woven into the fabric of our DNA and seen through our interactions with one another. Our teams work together to solve problems that have a real-world impact, with all voices being heard at the table, and we believe respectful and inclusive idea-sharing is fundamental to our ability to continue to push into uncharted territories. Our roots are deep with almost 20 years of cultivating relationships and expertise, and our footprint across North America is a testimony of our ability to disrupt the industry and change the game. Our incredible journey has been built with teamwork, creativity, and humbly brilliant people ready and willing to explore new possibilities together.
Drivewyze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.