DW SoftwareFull TimeEdmonton, AB
We are looking for someone unafraid to raise the bar on platform technology. As an experienced full stack developer, you love a broad scope of technologies and platforms and are looking for a role where you can have a real-world impact. As part of the Software Development team, you will play a critical role in our continued success disrupting the transportation industry with our innovative technology.
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Reports to: Software Development Manager
About the Job:
As a member of the Projects team, your mission will be to create and enhance Drivewyze applications to meet current and future needs of our customers as part of a talented team of Software Developers, QA, Product Managers, and other internal partners. As a full-stack developer, you will be involved in maintaining and expanding existing applications, plus design and development of new applications, building on, and expanding the Drivewyze ecosystem to meet current requirements and address future challenges we don’t even know about yet. This includes portal applications, back-end services, APIs, supporting tools, plus CI/CD, security, and architectural changes.
Job responsibilities include:
- Design, architect, develop, code review and test key geolocation-based applications on our cloud platform. This includes working with the following tech stack: Python/Django, Lisp, Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes, and potentially Node.js, MongoDB and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Develop, manage, maintain, and improve RESTful APIs and microservices based on current cloud architecture applicable to the platform.
- Apply industry best practices with your knowledge and expertise to execute an idea from concept to delivery as a member of a collaborative agile team.
- Documenting designs, architecture, and system integrations as required.
- Explore, evaluate, recommend, and implement new technologies to maximize efficiency and effectiveness for new and existing product ideas.
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, computer engineering or related degree, diploma, and/or applicable work experience.
- 3+ years’ previous experience in application development including back-end services, mobile applications, and databases.
- You love solving problems, are motivated and methodical, and have high attention to detail.
- You write clean, reliable, and secure code.
- You believe in testing and peer code reviews.
- Support what you build and understand that building applications is more than just writing code. Working with your development team and the support team, you are passionate about ensuring applications continue delivering value long after deployment.
Nice to have: Experience with major refactoring of back end services and/or rebuilding services in a new tech stack.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package, including benefits.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture.
- Social initiatives and virtual events until we are back in the office to battle in our games room (we call it Vegas) and face-off in ping pong, foosball, darts, and board games.
- Organized fun time – Debate a book in the book club, go for a jog with the running club or join in a lunchtime game of soccer, baseball, hockey, even golf!
As an organization, our innovative and collaborative culture is woven into the fabric of our DNA and seen through our interactions with one another. Our teams work together to solve problems that have a real-world impact, with all voices being heard at the table, and we believe respectful and inclusive idea-sharing is fundamental to our ability to continue to push into uncharted territories. Our IIS roots are deep with 18 years of cultivating relationships and expertise, and our subsidiary Drivewyze is a testimony of our ability to disrupt industry and change the game. Our incredible journey has been built with teamwork, creativity, and humbly brilliant people ready and willing to explore new possibilities together.
To learn more about the Drivewyze journey, visit https://www.startupedmonton.com/drivewyze
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Drivewyze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.