Service Desk Analyst
Service DeskFull TimeEdmonton, AB
Who we are:
Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS) is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective. Our subsidiary, Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services.
Who you are:
Your knack for picking up easily on network configurations/ hardware/ electrical & schematics combined with being a problem solver by nature sets you apart. You find deep satisfaction in discovering the root cause of issues through your impressive troubleshooting skills and thrive on providing professional and high caliber customer experiences.
What you will be doing:
Based out of our head office in Edmonton (It’s a space designed with YOU in mind – ask us why we love it!) you’ll work as part of the Service Desk team reporting to the Manager of Service Operations.
You’ll get to showcase your high degree of professionalism and exceptional communication skills by providing technical support for our government client systems and IT infrastructure that supports our operations across the US and Canada. You’ll monitor resolution progress and ensuring customer needs are met. As a key partner to our Field Service Technicians, you’ll be proactively coordinating system maintenance, upgrade schedules and doing calibrations You’ll also learn to support a suite of leading technologies in our industry, including thermal imaging, digital imaging, radiation detection, and laser scanning systems.
Job Accountabilities - include but are not limited to:
- Review and acknowledge incidents submitted through our incident management system or the Service Desk phone queue.
- Analyze the issue and determine the appropriate course of action required. This includes categorizing the severity of the issue (Tier 1, 2, or 3) and the urgency of resolution.
- Investigate and resolve Tier 1 and 2 issues and document resolution in the system.
- Escalate incidents to additional support groups when unable to resolve in accordance with our standard operating procedure workflow.
- Ensure tickets are documented by all parties prior to being logged as fulfilled in the system. Follow-up with the respective party as required.
- Support the management of preventative maintenance and system upgrade schedules, initiating, coordinating, and monitoring events in the system.
- Ship, receive, and maintain inventory of equipment and hardware supporting ticket resolution and preventative maintenance events.
- Request the dispatch of Field Technicians to onsite locations for onsite.
- Monitor service desk system performance and provide reports upon request.
- Share ideas and recommendations to improve service delivery and workflows.
- Support and assist other team members.
- Participate in on-call shifts and provide after-hours support on a rotational basis.
- Provide updates in internal meetings on service desk volume and trends in issues.
- Coordinate and manage project tasks to ensure completion within allotted timelines
- Document and communicate status and action items to required parties.
- Document and maintain accurate process workflows and procedures.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary or certificate program in IT/ Electrical Engineering or related field.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a technical support role.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple deadlines and demands and working under pressure.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work independently.
- Willing to work on-call shifts (evenings, weekends) on a rotational basis.
- Certification in A+, ITIL, Microsoft operating systems, or related assets.
- Previous experience with Service Now is a plus.
- Valid passport to travel between the US and Canada.
By Joining us You’ll Enjoy:
- Benefits (dental, health & vision, health spending account)
- Stock options after 12 months
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days
- Differential pay for working evenings/weekends on rotation
- Inclusive, collaborative culture.
- Employee recognition & employee referral program
- Social initiatives and battles in the office - pickle ball, basketball, ping pong, foosball, darts, you name your game!
- Organized fun time – Debate a book in the book club, go for a jog with the running club or join in a lunchtime game of soccer, baseball, hockey, even golf!
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although technically, we have been in business for almost 20 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Intelligent Imaging Systems and its subsidiary, Drivewyze, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.