Senior Software Developer
DW Software Development and QAFull TimeCanada
Kick your career into high gear at Drivewyze!
Who we are
We are an innovative technology service provider to the transportation industry across North America and a successful Silicon Valley-style tech company located right here in Edmonton. Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective technology solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers throughout the United States and Canada. We are on a mission to revolutionize highway safety and efficiency and we are growing fast.
Who you are
You love working with a broad scope of technologies and platforms and crave to apply your skills towards something that will have real-world impact. You find fulfilment in solving for the big picture. “What will this platform/app need to do in five years” is a key part of your though process. You’re at the top of your game when you are supporting apps at a scaling capacity, being involved in all parts of the lifecycle, continuously building on, improving, and expanding our platforms. Your depth of experience in different environments allows you to easily break down complex tech/business/ system problems and transform into maintainable solutions.
What you’ll be doing
Your mission will be to create and enhance Drivewyze applications to meet the needs of our customers as part of a talented team of Software Developers, QA, Product Managers, and other internal partners. As a full-stack developer, you will be involved in the design and development of new projects, building on, and expanding the Drivewyze platform. This can involve portal applications, back-end services, APIs, supporting tools, plus continuous integration and deployment, security improvements, and architectural changes.
You will be playing a critical role in our continued success in disrupting the transportation industry with our innovative technology.
- Design, architect, develop, code review, and test key geolocation-based applications on our cloud platform. The tech stack includes Python, Django, Node.js, ReactJS, Docker, Kubernetes, Lisp, Postgres, MongoDB, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Develop, manage, and improve current cloud architecture, RESTful APIs, and microservices applicable to the platform.
- Apply industry best practices and your deep knowledge and expertise to execute an idea from concept to delivery as a member of an agile and collaborative team.
- Discover, evaluate, recommend, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency and deliver advanced applications.
Reporting to: Software Development Manager
Location: Head Office, Edmonton/ open to remote within Canada
- 8+ years’ previous experience in application development including back-end services, mobile applications, and databases.
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, computer engineering or related degree, diploma, and/or applicable work experience.
- You love solving problems, are motivated and methodical, and have high attention to detail.
As a member of our team, you will enjoy:
- Benefits (health, dental, vision & health spending account)
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Employee stock options
- Working alongside brilliant and humble tech talent
- Making your mark – creating software solutions that have never been seen in our industry!
- Employee recognition & employee referral programs
- Inclusive, collaborative culture.
- Social initiatives and battles in the office - pickle ball, basketball, ping pong, foosball, darts, you name your game!
- Organized fun time – debate a book in the book club, go for a jog with the running club or join in a lunchtime game of soccer, baseball, hockey, even golf!
Work with us because you believe in what we do. Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization? Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
As an organization, our innovative and collaborative culture is woven into the fabric of our DNA and seen through our interactions with one another. Our teams work together to solve problems that have a real-world impact, with all voices being heard at the table, and we believe respectful and inclusive idea-sharing is fundamental to our ability to continue to push into uncharted territories. Our IIS roots are deep with 18 years of cultivating relationships and expertise, and our subsidiary Drivewyze is a testimony of our ability to disrupt industry and change the game. Our incredible journey has been built with teamwork, creativity, and humbly brilliant people ready and willing to explore new possibilities together.
To learn more about the Drivewyze journey, visit https://www.startupedmonton.com/drivewyze
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Drivewyze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.