IIS Engineering ServicesFull TimeEdmonton, AB
As part of the Engineering Services Team, this role is responsible for the development of plans, drawings, diagrams, and models that adhere to requirements and specifications. This role will prepare various work documents (e.g. sketches, data, specification sheets, engineering calculations) and complete installation packages for site locations and field teams.
As a key member of the team, this role will participate in design meetings, develop specification sheets, complete materials estimations, and write technical documentation.
Reports to: Senior Project Manager, Engineering Services
Location: Head Office, Edmonton
About the Job
- Job accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting full scope drafting activities for IIS products and systems.
- Coordinating with project teams to support operations and ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational safety standards.
- Analyzing technical data, designs, or preliminary specifications.
- Preparing specifications and drawings for systems/designs and products for procurement.
- Assisting in identifying and resolving design and performance issues.
- Making recommendations for policies, procedures methods, and standards.
- Preparing status reports, technical reports, or related documentation.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Mechanical Design, Drafting, Engineering, or related field.
- Three years’ previous experience in a drafting capacity, ideally for imaging equipment, electronics, electrical systems, transportation, and/or civil construction.
- Previous experience with:
o AutoCAD and its features: proficiency in the use of calculation, simulation, and graphic design software.
o Civil engineering, intelligent transportation planning concepts
o Microsoft Visio, Word, and Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail coupled with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative and self-direction.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude which you will utilize in a team and customer-oriented environment
This is a permanent position. Travel is a component of this position and a valid driver’s license is required. The successful candidate will be required to satisfy background and security checks.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of technology company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package, including benefits.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture.
- Social initiatives and battles in the office - pickle ball, basketball, ping pong, foosball, darts, you name your game!
- Organized fun time – Debate a book in the book club, go for a jog with the running club or join in a lunchtime game of soccer, baseball, hockey, even golf!
As an organization, our innovative and collaborative culture is woven into the fabric of our DNA and seen through our interactions with one another. Our teams work together to solve problems that have a real-world impact, with all voices being heard at the table, and we believe respectful and inclusive idea-sharing is fundamental to our ability to continue to push into uncharted territories. Our IIS roots are deep with 18 years of cultivating relationships and expertise, and our subsidiary Drivewyze is a testimony of our ability to disrupt industry and change the game. Our incredible journey has been built with teamwork, creativity, and humbly brilliant people ready and willing to explore new possibilities together.
To learn more about the IIS journey, visit https://intelligentimagingsystems.com
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Drivewyze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.