Accounting & FinanceFull TimeEdmonton, AB
Our technologies, our expertise, and our cultivated partnerships with proven technology providers enable us to create the most advanced safety and security enforcement systems available in the marketplace today. Our core markets are transportation safety and security, law enforcement, and public security and our projects involve multiple components, ranging from civil construction to custom software implementation, electronic hardware installations, and preventative maintenance.
Location: Head Office - Edmonton, AB, Canada
Reports to: Controller
About the Job: The Financial Analyst plays a key role in financial analysis, modeling, and forecasting for Drivewyze and Intelligent Imaging Systems. Reporting to the Controller, this role is responsible for financial analysis and modeling in support of strategic decision-making.
Key accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and performing cost analysis and preparing budgets and forecasts that will guide financial decisions.
- Analyzing data and developing reports that will facilitate process improvement and increased profitability. This includes creating financial models, analyzing operating budgets and income statements, and assisting with project valuation, sales forecasting, product analysis, and cash flow modeling.
- Translating analytics into key inputs for short-term and long-term strategic planning.
- Creating and delivering reports, dashboards, and performance reporting per project requirements. This includes producing financial reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Preparing proposals and presentations for the executive and board of directors, in addition to providing stakeholder-specific reporting.
- Supporting the successful completion of financial audits.
- Seeking to continually improve processes, the integrity of our reporting mechanisms, and the financial program for the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ideally, three (3) years of financial modeling experience in a data-driven role.
- Completion of a degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting.
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills with advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- A collaborative team player with a consultative approach who can cultivate relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a technology company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization? Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package, including benefits.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture with team social events.
- Organized fun time – debate a new book in our book club or join in a game of soccer, hockey, baseball, even golf!
- Battles in our games room (we call it Vegas) – bring your ping pong, foosball, darts, and board game skills.
Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS) is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective. Our subsidiary, Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We are on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services.