Senior Software Developer
DW SoftwareFull TimeFlexible
We are looking for someone unafraid to raise the bar on platform technology. As a Senior Full-Stack Developer, you love a broad scope of technologies and platforms and are looking for a role where you can have a real-world impact. As part of the Software Development team, you will play a critical role in our continued success in disrupting the transportation industry with our innovative technology.
To learn more about the Drivewyze journey, visit https://www.startupedmonton.com/drivewyze
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada - Remote
Reports to: Software Development Manager
About the Job:
Your mission will be to create and enhance Drivewyze applications to meet the needs of our customers as part of a talented team of Software Developers, QA, Product Managers, and other internal partners. As a full-stack developer, you will be involved in the design and development of new projects, building on, and expanding the Drivewyze platform. This can involve portal applications, back-end services, APIs, supporting tools, plus continuous integration and deployment, security improvements, and architectural changes.
Job responsibilities include:
- Design, architect, develop, code review, and test key geolocation-based applications on our cloud platform. The tech stack includes Python, Django, Node.js, ReactJS, Docker, Kubernetes, Lisp, Postgres, MongoDB, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Develop, manage and improve current cloud architecture, RESTful APIs, and microservices applicable to the platform.
- Apply industry best practices and your deep knowledge and expertise to execute an idea from concept to delivery as a member of an agile and collaborative team.
- Discover, evaluate, recommend and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency and deliver advanced applications.
- 8+ years’ previous experience in application development including back-end services, mobile applications, and databases.
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, computer engineering or related degree, diploma, and/or applicable work experience.
- You love solving problems, are motivated and methodical, and have high attention to detail.
Work with us because you believe in what we do. Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although technically, we have been in business for over 18 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package, including benefits.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture.
- Social initiatives and virtual events until we are back in the office to battle in our games room (we call it Vegas) and face-off in ping pong, foosball, darts, and board games.
- Organized fun time – Debate a book in the book club, go for a jog with the running club or join in a lunchtime game of soccer, baseball, hockey, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Drivewyze PreClear is a mobile application that runs on iOS, Android, and embedded devices. The app provides bypasses to long-haul truck drivers via an on-screen notification using GPS information. The Drivewyze app is supported by a multi-tier cloud-based infrastructure that is connected to various law enforcement databases and provides visibility to law enforcement personnel about the Drivewyze bypasses happening at each supported weigh station.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Drivewyze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.