IIS Project ManagementTempEdmonton, AB
We are looking for a tech-savvy Purchaser with a keen eye for detail to buy various goods for our company. The Purchaser's duties will include conducting market research, building a network of reliable vendors and service providers, negotiating the best contracts, and inspecting deliveries. You should have stellar communication skills and display a high degree of cultural sensitivity. The Purchaser performs complex purchasing and procurement-related work involving the purchase and procurement of commodities and services.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify emerging consumer trends and have a good ability to read people. You are able to juggle multiple responsibilities at once and make important decisions in fast-paced environments.
Location: Head Office – Edmonton
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiate purchasing contracts and policies with respective suppliers.
- Prepare purchase orders, monitor open purchase orders, and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Update bills of materials and purchase tracking systems with costs, lead times, estimated arrival times, and order status.
- Source new products, services, and/or replacement parts based on specifications and requirements.
- Source alternate vendors for required materials and services.
- Obtain materials, services, components, and equipment as required by the production schedule.
- Identify areas of cost reductions.
- Develop Vendor rating and Vendor evaluation.
- Work with vendors on RMAs for defective products.
- Develop inventory control processes.
- Analyze inventory levels and perform periodic inventory cycle counts and month-end reconciliation.
- Assist with the deployment of IIS’ ERP system.
- Manage inventory including counts and pulling stock.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 or more years related work experience in purchasing and inventory management.
- Experience in an ERP system.
- Ability to make decisions and handle responsibility.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft excel and word.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to identify process gaps and influence process improvements.
This is a contract position with an expected duration of 6 months.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Inclusive, collaborative culture, and team social events.
- Organized fun time – debate a new book in our book club or join in a game of hockey, soccer, baseball, even golf!
Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS) is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective. Our subsidiary, Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services. Intelligent Imaging Systems and its subsidiary Driveywze, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal or local laws.