Senior Software Test Developer
DW SoftwareFull TimeEdmonton, AB
We are looking for a Senior Software Test Developer who can lead and advocate for quality in a complex, evolving environment, bringing together skill and experience with both software development and QA specialties. If you are a questioning, critical thinker who can engage readily with application developers, product managers, and fellow QA to achieve rigorous testing goals, and can also contribute to design and development activities with a programmer’s perspective, we have some exciting opportunities at Drivewyze.
Location: Head Office, Edmonton or Remote.
Report to: Quality Assurance Manager
About the Job: In an agile environment, you will:
- Provide QA mentorship, guidance, and quality advocacy on a small but essential team.
- Participate in application development at all stages of the lifecycle, working closely with all stakeholders.
- Create test plans that safeguard the quality and reliability of our products.
- Design and implement quality-oriented software tools, including automated testing, in a highly collaborative environment.
- Become a subject matter expert in your team's contributions to the overall Drivewyze ecosystem.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide mentorship and expertise to fellow QA developers on your team and serve as the liaison with the greater QA organization and other development teams.
- Brainstorm with application architects, developers, and product managers at the earliest stages to build quality into new projects.
- Groom and plan ongoing projects to ensure high standards of quality are accounted for during development at all stages.
- Design, document, and implement test strategies to ensure broad functional test coverage.
- Investigate deeply into application oddities, delving into code in various languages using a variety of tools.
- Participate in the design and evaluation of internal and external network technology, such as IoT WebSockets.
- Develop test plans and tooling for interoperable microservices.
- Accumulate intimate knowledge of the team’s domain of responsibility.
- Participate in the design and implementation of Drivewyze’s cross-team QA tooling strategy, bringing your team’s specific needs to the table.
- Recommend when to utilize manual testing and when to utilize automation.
- Implement QA tool-assisted test frameworks and create test cases, including fully automated tests.
- Document test cases and other documentation thoroughly, with high attention to detail and clarity for a diverse audience.
- Certificate or degree in Computing Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or in a related field.
- Previous experience in software development and testing and experience delivering web, mobile, or other software applications.
- Previous experience writing and executing test plans is ideal.
- Deep knowledge and experience using different testing methods including regression testing, automated testing, smoke testing, exploratory testing, scenario-based testing, usability testing.
- Understanding of database design and the ability to use SQL for data retrieval and manipulation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with little oversight, but in a highly collaborative setting.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization? Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package including benefits.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture, and team social events.
- Social initiatives and virtual events until we are back in the office to battle in our games room (we call it Vegas) and face-off in ping pong, foosball, darts, and board games.
- Organized fun time – debate a new book in our book club or join in a game of hockey, soccer, baseball, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective. Drivewyze PreClear is a mobile application that runs on iOS, Android, and embedded devices. The app provides bypasses to long-haul truck drivers via an on-screen notification using GPS information. The Drivewyze app is supported by a multi-tier cloud-based infrastructure that is connected to various law enforcement databases and provides visibility to law enforcement personnel about the Drivewyze bypasses happening at each supported weigh station.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Drivewyze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.