Software Developer Team Lead
DW SoftwareFull TimeEdmonton, AB
As the team lead, you will play a critical role in our continued success in disrupting the transportation industry with our innovative technology. We are looking for someone creative and unafraid to raise the bar on platform technology. As an experienced full-stack developer, you love a broad scope of technologies and platforms and are looking for a role where you can have a real-world impact. You love to share your experience through mentoring, coaching and feel a high sense of fulfillment shaping the technical path in development.
Location: Remote - Edmonton, AB, Canada
Reports to: Software Development Manager
Direct Reports: None
About the Job: Your mission will be to create and enhance Drivewyze applications and technology platforms to meet the needs of our customers. You will be involved in the design and development of new projects and applications that build on and expand the Drivewyze platform as a full-stack developer. As a technical team lead, you will provide guidance to your scrum team and seek ways to take it to the next level.
- Work closely as part of an agile scrum team to execute an idea from concept to delivery using industry best practices for software design, coding, and processes.
- Serve as a voice of technical needs and foster collaboration and communication by solving problems with win-win outcomes. Coach and mentor software developers and provide guidance on day-to-day activities.
- Foster positive relationships, collaborating with Software Architects, Product Management, QA, and other Development Team Leads on cross-team dependencies.
- Build advanced geolocation-based applications based on our cloud platform. This includes developing and maintaining RESTful APIs and microservices to extend the platform, supporting cloud applications, portal applications, APIs, and other back-end services.
- Discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to improve products, tools, and development processes. Develop and deploy architectural changes and tools focused on continuous integration and deployment and security improvements. Conduct code reviews, unit testing, and complete technical documentation.
- 5+ years’ software engineering experience – with a passion for working in the full stack (and a focus on back-end services).
- You love to learn and solve problems - you are self-motivated, protective, and a natural leader.
- Experience with Python, Node.js, and integrating third-party libraries and Restful APIs.
- Experience with database systems (such as Postgres, MongoDB, and/or Microsoft SQL Server) and previous ETL development, including the map-reduce paradigm, is an asset.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package including benefits.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture, and team social events.
- Social initiatives and virtual events until we are back in the office to battle in our games room (we call it Vegas) and face-off in ping pong, foosball, darts, and board games.
- Organized fun time – debate a new book in our book club or join in a game of hockey, soccer, baseball, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Drivewyze PreClear is a mobile application that runs on iOS, Android, and embedded devices. The app provides bypasses to long-haul truck drivers via an on-screen notification using GPS information. The Drivewyze app is supported by a multi-tier cloud-based infrastructure that is connected to various law enforcement databases and provides visibility to law enforcement personnel about the Drivewyze bypasses happening at each supported weigh station.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Drivewyze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.