Product Operations Manager
Product ManagementFull TimeEdmonton, AB
The Product Operations Manager supports the product management organization and enables the product team to operate efficiently at scale. This role is focused on connecting everyday work to business outcomes through communication and by driving cross-functional alignment across internal teams. This key role will provide data-driven product/business insights, establish well-defined product management processes and standards of practices, facilitate internal communication and alignment, and support the operational aspects of the product organization.
About the role: We’re looking for someone with high data literacy, analytical curiosity, and great collaboration skills to drive Product Team efficiency, empower the Product Team with product and market insights, and enable the product organization to manage the product lifecycle.
Location: Edmonton, AB preferred - Remote
Reports to: VP, Product Management
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Product Analytics and Reporting
- Support data-driven decisions through the quantitative collection, analysis, and communication of product usage, adoption, engagement, sentiment, and audience segmentation. This includes data from pilots/experiments, product usage, customer feedback, feature requests, and support tickets as well as data from internal teams such as Sales, Marketing, and Finance.
- Help define, analyze, and communicate key product trends and metrics and support the collection, structure, and distribution of customer feedback. This includes supporting product discovery processes by conducting market research, ecosystem analysis, and partner evaluations.
- Coach, guide, and support the Product Team in data analysis using enterprise analytics tools.
Product Management Program Playbook
- Facilitate the development of a formal product management program and playbook. This includes assisting the development and implementation of a product management program and toolkit that includes a “voice of the customer” program with supporting internal groups to surface key insights and inform key stakeholder groups.
- As the program lead, build understanding and adoption of the program management program and standards of practice across the team. This includes maintaining the playbook, templates, guidelines, how-to references, and resources so the product team can operate efficiently.
- Support product launch readiness and execution, working cross-functionally with Product, Revenue, Operations teams to ensure product launches achieve their objectives when needed. Assist in developing and delivering product demos as needed.
- Develop and deliver training for both process changes and new product launches.
- Support new hire onboarding and coordinate product management team training.
Product Management Tools and Optimization
- Collect and compile the overall roadmap of product initiatives and track progression working with value stream product management leads. Develop presentations to facilitate discussions on progress status, results and outcomes, opportunities, gaps, and resources requirements.
- Monitor team communication and cross-functional communication with internal stakeholders and other teams, ensuring alignment on business objectives and priorities.
- Act as the lead representing product management on enterprise initiatives, and drive and lead product management initiatives across the product management team.
- Oversee the product management tech stack, document best practices in the product management playbook, and support the team on understanding use. Develop and deliver training on product management practices, processes, tools, and systems.
Experience and Skills
- Degree or diploma in Business, Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience working with cross-functional product teams in a high-growth technology organization.
- Knowledge of Product Operations and the product lifecycle.
- Excellent data analysis skills and previous experience with data and analytics platforms such as Tableau, Mixpanel, or other similar.
- Self-starter with a high comfort with ambiguity and a passion for creating efficiencies and streamlining processes
- Previous success effectively managing demands from multiple stakeholders and leading the development and implementation of cross-functional projects and initiatives.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization? Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package including benefits.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture, and team social events.
- Social initiatives and virtual events until we are back in the office to battle in our games room (we call it Vegas) and face-off in ping pong, foosball, darts, and board games.
- Organized fun time – debate a new book in our book club or join in a game of hockey, soccer, baseball, even golf!
About Us: Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective. Drivewyze PreClear is a mobile application that runs on iOS, Android, and embedded devices. The app provides bypasses to long-haul truck drivers via an on-screen notification using GPS information. The Drivewyze app is supported by a multi-tier cloud-based infrastructure that is connected to various law enforcement databases and provides visibility to law enforcement personnel about the Drivewyze bypasses happening at each supported weigh station.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Drivewyze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.