MarketingFull TimeEdmonton, AB
Here you will get a chance to own our corporate events strategy, highlighting your event planning skills while aligning to the company’s sales and marketing strategy. You’ll work closely with key stakeholders, including Business Development, Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Marketing to develop our brand and interactions at our most important events and tradeshows, and across social media. Most importantly, as part of the team, you will be at the table sharing ideas, giving feedback, and helping us raise the bar!
Location: Head Office, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Partner Marketing
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist with the development and execution of a strategic event plan that supports Marketing’s objectives, in coordination with various business units and team members. This includes researching new events within our marketing verticals, as well as opportunities for speaking engagements, live demos, and sponsorships.
- Coordinate tradeshow logistics, including booth shipping, swag orders, internal stakeholder briefings, etc., for conferences, tradeshows, and events across North America.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of various digital and print content, including presentations, promotional and training materials, product and corporate videos, and other public-facing materials.
- Manage all event-related content curation and audience engagement for the company’s social channels, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube, as well as additional social support as required.
- Support event evaluation and follow-up by generating lead reports, entering and analyzing data, tracking performance, and researching and reporting on industry and market trends. Foster positive relationships with external vendors, including fulfillment house and on-site show contractors, as well as member and industry associations, partnerships, and reseller relationships.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Marketing role focused on event management.
- Experience with channel engagement across social networks.
- Demonstrated success in event coordination.
- Exceptional writing and communications skills coupled with strong organizational skills and intense attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple deadlines and demands.
- Previous experience writing reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Understanding of content management systems (ie WordPress).
- This is a 6-month term position covering maternity leave with the possibility of extension.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization? Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Drivewyze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.