Service Desk Analyst
Service DeskFull TimeEdmonton, AB
Our technologies, our expertise, and our cultivated partnerships with proven technology providers enable us to create the most advanced safety and security enforcement systems available in the marketplace today. Our core markets are transportation safety and security, law enforcement, and public security and our projects involve multiple components, ranging from civil construction to custom software implementation, electronic hardware installations, and preventative maintenance.
The Service Desk Team supports our government agency network providing support for client systems operations and sites. This includes troubleshooting and resolving service requests, coordinating system maintenance and upgrade schedules in support of our suite of integrated technologies that include thermal imaging, digital imaging, radiation detection, and laser scanning systems.
Location: Head Office, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Reports to: Manager, Service Operations
About the Job: This role is responsible to provide technical support for our client systems and IT infrastructure that supports our operations across the US and Canada. Supporting government agencies, this role cultivates customer satisfaction through providing exceptional customer service, troubleshooting and identifying root causes, facilitating issue resolution, and ensuring ticket fulfillment. As a key partner to the Field Services team, this role is exceptional at communication, coordination, monitoring the resolution progress, and ensuring the customer need has been met.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and acknowledge incidents submitted through our incident management system or the Service Desk phone queue.
- Analyze the issue and determine the appropriate course of action required. This includes categorizing the severity of the issue (Tier 1, 2, or 3) and the urgency of resolution.
- Investigate and resolve Tier 1 and 2 issues and document resolution in the system.
- Escalate incidents to additional support groups when unable to resolve in accordance with our standard operating procedure workflow.
- Ensure tickets are documented by all parties prior to being logged as fulfilled in the system. Follow-up with the respective party as required.
- Support the management of preventative maintenance and system upgrade schedules, initiating, coordinating, and monitoring events in the system.
- Ship, receive, and maintain inventory of equipment and hardware supporting ticket resolution and preventative maintenance events.
- Request the dispatch of Field Technicians to onsite locations for onsite.
- Monitor service desk system performance and provide reports upon request.
- Share ideas and recommendations to improve service delivery and workflows.
- Support and assist other team members.
- Participate in on-call shifts and provide after-hours support on a rotational basis.
- Provide updates in internal meetings on service desk volume and trends in issues.
- Coordinate and manage project tasks to ensure completion within allotted timelines
- Document and communicate status and action items to required parties.
- Document and maintain accurate process workflows and procedures.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary or certificate program in IT or related field.
- At least 1 year of experience in a technical support role.
- Understanding of how to set up, use, and troubleshoot hardware (including printers, servers, laptops, desktops, and mobile devices), networking, Windows & Mac operating systems, Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple deadlines and demands and working under pressure.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work independently.
- Certification in A+, ITIL, Microsoft operating systems, or related assets.
- Previous experience with Service Now an asset.
- Willing to work on-call shifts (evenings, weekends) on a rotational basis.
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Driveywze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.