Technical Support Engineer
Development & InfrastructureFull TimeEdmonton, AB
As a Technical Lead, you will provide technical expertise and guidance to our internal teams and external partners regarding partner system integrations and platform applications. You will also manage, investigate, and resolve escalated incidents and critical issues. Using your deep technical knowledge and ability to manage high-level tasks under pressure, you seek to resolve issues while managing a portfolio of day-to-day tasks.
Location: Head office, Edmonton
Reports to: Director, Customer and Partner Success
In this role you will:
- Provide support, analysis, and implementation support and solutions to Drivewyze internal and external partner support and development teams.
- Collaborate and work closely with internal teams to investigate and diagnose product, customer, and partner escalations.
- Troubleshoot, investigate, and diagnose escalated issues through an examination of application logs and product source code.
- Support the design and implementation of troubleshooting and diagnostic tools using Jupyter Notebook, Python code.
- Manage escalated incidents and effectively communicate with users, application owners, and senior stakeholders across all areas.
- Identify application stability and performance trends and issues by observing patterns, recurring failures, and/or issues, and escalate to key stakeholders.
- Act as a key point of contact for CX, DevOps, and Software Development teams to resolve business-critical issues.
- Provide support to Sales and Customer Success teams and level 3 application support to Drivewyze customer support teams. This includes working closely with sales and customer success teams to ensure smooth rollout of analytic trials and new subscribers of Drivewyze services.
- Update support documentation, knowledge base articles, and training materials.
- 5+ years of experience in a hands-on application support role and previous work experience as a software developer.
- Exceptional system/technical analysis skills combined with an unwavering commitment to excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve customer complaints and issues.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to infer from previous examples, and demonstrated curiosity.
- Excellent communication skills, combined with a strong consultative, business-orientated mindset.
- Certificate or degree in Information Technology, Computing Science, or related.
To learn more about the Drivewyze journey, visit https://www.startupedmonton.com/drivewyze
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package, including benefits.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture.
- Social initiatives and virtual events until we are back in the office to battle in our games room (we call it Vegas) and face-off in ping pong, foosball, darts, and board games.
- Organized fun time – Debate a book in the book club, go for a jog with the running club or join in a lunchtime game of soccer, baseball, hockey, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Drivewyze PreClear is a mobile application that runs on iOS, Android, and embedded devices. The app provides bypasses to long-haul truck drivers via an on-screen notification using GPS information. The Drivewyze app is supported by a multi-tier cloud-based infrastructure that is connected to various law enforcement databases and provides visibility to law enforcement personnel about the Drivewyze bypasses happening at each supported weigh station.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Drivewyze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.