DevOpsFull TimeEdmonton, AB
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work closely with internal teams to ensure our processes, products, and data services are performant and operationally reliable. Your mandate will be to enhance, create and implement systems software that increases performance and efficiency. Your focus on continuous improvement and optimization, and passion to solve complex problems, fuel your desire to enable solutions that take the organization to the next level. As a DevOps expert, you take your responsibility for developing and implementing tools and solutions seriously, and your collaborative and consultative style makes others want to partner with you on this exciting journey.
Location: Head office, Edmonton
Reports to: VP, Development & Infrastructure
Specific responsibilities include:
- Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve, enhance and expand utilization.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders and teams to identify and design infrastructure, data, and product improvements. A key output of this work will be to develop the DevOps roadmap, enabling performance and scalability.
- Assess current state and identify strategies align to DevOps best practices to ensure the company and products scale effectively. This includes identifying opportunities to improve continuous monitoring, continuous improvement, automation.
- Develop and implement monitoring tools for infrastructure, data, and product services.
- Participate as the DevOps lead on strategic initiatives and corporate projects. Projects may include implementing systems to track and report on performance and department metrics, leading IT integrations, and implementing data operations initiatives.
- Provide clear goals for DevOps projects, define requirements, determine activities, and coordinate execution and oversee the achievement of key deliverables within estimated timelines. This may also include providing detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower, and time necessary.
- Monitor and troubleshoot corporate and product Cloud services.
- Develop and maintain documentation and training materials in support of reinforcing standard operating procedures and operational routines.
- Work closely with other teams to maintain hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently.
- Mentor and train team members throughout the company and seek to continually improve processes companywide.
- Share knowledge and information with internal teams and colleagues. This includes developing and facilitating demonstrations of proposed solutions and new methods across various technical teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Sciences or equivalent
- Experience developing and implementing organization-wide projects, systems, and applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a relentless desire to solve complex problems.
- Object-oriented software analysis and design experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The following additional experience and knowledge would be an asset to the role:
- Experience with data design and data quality.
- Proficient with Node, Python, and C# development languages.
- Knowledge of Networking/Security: Routers, Switches, Firewalls, and Security.
- Prior work with Cloud Service providers (e.g. AWS, Azure).
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
To learn more about the Drivewyze journey, visit https://www.startupedmonton.com/drivewyze
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package, including benefits.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture.
- Social initiatives and virtual events until we are back in the office to battle in our games room (we call it Vegas) and face-off in ping pong, foosball, darts, and board games.
- Organized fun time – Debate a book in the book club, go for a jog with the running club or join in a lunchtime game of soccer, baseball, hockey, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Drivewyze PreClear is a mobile application that runs on iOS, Android, and embedded devices. The app provides bypasses to long-haul truck drivers via an on-screen notification using GPS information. The Drivewyze app is supported by a multi-tier cloud-based infrastructure that is connected to various law enforcement databases and provides visibility to law enforcement personnel about the Drivewyze bypasses happening at each supported weigh station.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Drivewyze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.