IT & SecurityFull TimeEdmonton, AB
We are looking for an Operations Assistant to oversee the day-to-day management of our head office premise and assist internal team members on a variety of needs. This role ensures the office runs smoothly, plans and organizes company events, coordinates travel bookings, and provides administrative support on a variety of projects and initiatives.
Reports to: IT & Security Manager
Location: Head Office, Edmonton
If you thrive in a busy role, where every day brings something different, and enjoy helping others this role is for you!
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfill reception duties, greeting office visitors, and answer incoming inquiries, phone calls, and emails.
- Maintain office premises and ensure needs are met. This includes managing facility supplies and coordinating external vendors.
- Coordinate and manage travel bookings for the Executive and various team members across North America.
- Organize and manage onsite and offsite events and meetings, coordinating catering and fulfilling other requirements within the allocated budget.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and courier requests. This includes completing customs paperwork and specialty shipping documentation as required.
- Support employee on/off-boarding and issue and track premise access cards, parking stalls, and other assets.
- Ensure office safety policies and procedures are in place and maintained.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Order office supplies and track inventory levels.
- Verify expenditures and submit invoices are paid in accordance with defined processes.
- Provide support and assistance on a variety of projects and tasks as directed.
- At least 3+ years in an administrative support capacity. Previous experience managing an office premise is ideal.
- Exceptional communication, both written and verbal.
- High attention to detail, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Team player with an infectious positive attitude and the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities. Extensive experience with MS Office.
- As this is a critical onsite resource, this role will be required to work onsite Monday to Friday during office hours.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package, including benefits.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture.
- Social initiatives and virtual events until we are back in the office to battle in our games room (we call it Vegas) and face-off in ping pong, foosball, darts, and board games.
- Organized fun time – Debate a book in the book club, go for a jog with the running club or join in a lunchtime game of soccer, baseball, hockey, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Drivewyze PreClear is a mobile application that runs on iOS, Android, and embedded devices. The app provides bypasses to long-haul truck drivers via an on-screen notification using GPS information. The Drivewyze app is supported by a multi-tier cloud-based infrastructure that is connected to various law enforcement databases and provides visibility to law enforcement personnel about the Drivewyze bypasses happening at each supported weigh station.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Drivewyze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.