Service Desk Coordinator
Service DeskFull TimeEdmonton, AB
Our technologies, our expertise, and our cultivated partnerships with proven technology providers enable us to create the most advanced safety and security enforcement systems available in the marketplace today. Our core markets are transportation safety and security, law enforcement, and public security and our projects involve multiple components, ranging from civil construction to custom software implementation, electronic hardware installations, and preventative maintenance.
The Service Desk Team supports our government agency network providing support for client systems operations and sites. This includes troubleshooting and resolving service requests, coordinating system maintenance and upgrade schedules in support of our suite of integrated technologies that include thermal imaging, digital imaging, radiation detection, and laser scanning systems.
Location: Head Office, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Reports to: Manager, Service Operations
About the Job: As Service Desk Coordinator, you will support the day-to-day operations of the Service Desk coordinating third-party activities, scheduling bookings for onsite support, and ensuring a high level of standard for service operations and delivery. This role also monitors and tracks activities and inventory to ensure the team can deliver an exceptional service experience. Operating in an exciting and fast-paced environment, this role is perfect for someone who likes to connect with others, manage multiple priorities and get things done!
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Adhere to Service Desk process workflows and ticket management standards, ensuring requirements are satisfied, information and status are documented, and coordination has been completed within defined SLAs and prior to dispatch of field resources.
- Search, coordinate and fulfill bookings for Service Desk needs. This includes:
- Permit request fulfillment.
- Coordination of lane closures and equipment (bucket/lift trucks).
- Management of requests for third-party contractors, vendors, and partner organizations for service work. This includes requesting quotes and managing purchase and work orders.
- Manage and track all booking activity.
- Conduct daily monitoring, tracking, and reporting for various programs. This includes conducting system performance tests, vehicle data reviews, and performance summaries with explanations for outliers, exceptions, and trends.
- Monitor inventory levels and assist in the procurement and ordering of inventory, parts, and equipment as directed.
- Complete shipping and receiving duties on behalf of the Service Desk team.
- Share ideas and recommendations to improve service delivery, efficiency, and workflows.
- Provide support and assistance to others as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a coordination role, ideally with previous scheduling experience in an operational or technical capacity
- Post-secondary education in office administration or equivalent experience in an office environment
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner,
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and data entry – previous experience with Service Now an asset.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with demonstrated success managing multiple deadlines and demands and working under pressure.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work independently.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package, including benefits.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture.
- Battles in our games room (we call it Vegas) – bring your ping pong, foosball, darts, and board game skills.
- Team social events.
- Organized fun time – Debate a book in the book club, go for a job with the running club or join in a lunchtime game of soccer, baseball, hockey, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective. Drivewyze PreClear is a mobile application that runs on iOS, Android, and embedded devices. The app provides bypasses to long-haul truck drivers via an on-screen notification using GPS information. The Drivewyze app is supported by a multi-tier cloud-based infrastructure that is connected to various law enforcement databases and provides visibility to law enforcement personnel about the Drivewyze bypasses happening at each supported weigh station.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Drivewyze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.