Marketing Research Assistant
MarketingFull TimeEdmonton, AB
We are looking to hire a Market Research Assistant with outstanding organizational and research skills. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Market Research Assistant is expected to be a focused individual with a strong proficiency in math and sound business acumen. This is a contract position with an expected duration of 4 months.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator with the ability to intuitively recognize patterns, and with a keen interest in providing purposeful and accurate insight into potential customer targets for our sales team. Top candidates will exhibit strong online research skills, critical thinking skills, and thorough attention to detail.
Market Research Assistant Responsibilities:
- Search for and identify well-defined customer prospects for our sales team to target.
- Use third-party databases and online data sources to pre-qualify potential customer prospects.
- Devise and evaluate methods for data collection.
- Gather data on consumers, competitors, and market conditions.
- Conduct research on specific customer profiles.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing programs and strategies.
- Simplify complex data into a user-friendly format such as graphs, charts, and other visual aids.
- Prepare and present reports to marketing and management.
Market Research Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelors or Graduate degree in business, marketing, or in other disciplines that required a significant research capability.
- Analytical thinker with strong theoretical and research proficiencies.
- Strong sense of curiosity.
- Ability to gather large amounts of data and convert it into meaningful analysis.
- Solid organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong proficiency in math, web analytics, and business research tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to simplify complex information into a user-friendly format.
- Proficient in online searching, MS Excel, databases, and other statistical and research tools.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Inclusive, collaborative culture, and team social events.
- Organized fun time – debate a new book in our book club or join in a game of hockey, soccer, baseball, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Driveywze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.